1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Apostol Calculus Paperback Edition

1. Jun 28, 2006 #1
    I'm looking into buying both volumes of Apostol's Calculus, to "read around my subject" as Ian Stewart says, while taking Calculus courses that use James Stewart's text.

I've found the hardcover versions used for around $80-90, but I've also found a paperback edition where both volumes come for around $30. The text is supposedly the same as the hard cover, but all in black and white.

Has anyone had experience with the different versions? Is the paperback version really the same? The sellers all seem to be from different countries, so I'm a little wary.

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 7, 2008 #2
    The international edition and hardcover US edition are the same. The only downside of international edition is that it is soft cover (so can wear more easily) and you can see through the pages.

4. Feb 7, 2008 #3
    softcovers are almost always just as good, even better are the "free" ebooks floating around the internet

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?