ASK transmitters in parallel

In summary, the conversation discusses the use of 433MHz transmitter modules and their range for a remote control car project. The speaker has gained experience using a 20mw transmitter, but wonders if using two 20mw transmitters will double the range. However, it is mentioned that this is not allowed in some countries due to potential interference. The speaker also considers using a mosfet amplifier circuit or the zab-3000 transmitter for a stronger signal, but is advised against it due to potential FCC violations. It is suggested to use 2.4GHz modules instead for more range.
Tesladude
I have built a remote control car, pwm speed controll and all, using picaxe microcontrollers and gained a lot of experience doing it.
I used a low power i think 20mw transmitter you can find all over ebay that uses a 433hz carrier wave. A long time ago i found a 1w transmitter meant to be a step up from the common 20mw i mensioned but if i do not want to use the larger 1W transmitter, then will 2 20mw transmitters double my range?
It may seem like an obvious question but i lack in knowledge reguarding electrmoagnetic waves and such.
Or will even using 2 recievers increase this sensitivity?

Engineering news on Phys.org
No you can't use two transmitter modules like that. Hard to know where to begin to explain but it won't work. The simplest answer is that the receiver will see two signals on the same frequency. One will appear as interference to the other making the range worse or non-existent.

I've not used these 433MHz modules but getting the aerial length right will be important. It might be possible to double the length for example. Fine tuning the length may also be necessary. It may also be possible to turn up the supply voltage to the transmitter module (some modules only and at your own risk). Google found..

http://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=216467.0

Edit: Oh and well done for getting the project working!

Tesladude said:
I have built a remote control car, pwm speed controll and all, using picaxe microcontrollers and gained a lot of experience doing it.
I used a low power i think 20mw transmitter you can find all over ebay that uses a 433hz carrier wave. A long time ago i found a 1w transmitter meant to be a step up from the common 20mw i mensioned but if i do not want to use the larger 1W transmitter, then will 2 20mw transmitters double my range?
It may seem like an obvious question but i lack in knowledge reguarding electrmoagnetic waves and such.
Or will even using 2 recievers increase this sensitivity?

What country are you in? You probably are not supposed to be trying to increase your power in the 433MHz band above that 10-20mW -- there are other users in that band, and you are limited to low power for a reason, to avoid interference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LPD433

I am in the US and didn't realize there was a law so ill keep bellow 20mw.
I really want a somthing plug and play, could I possibly take one f these modules and tap a mosfet amplifier circuit onto the antenna pin and take measurements in order to achieve a true 20mw thus using the module only for its encoder purpose and create a transmitter which will simply amplify the signal it creates and put that through a coil?
or what about the zab-3000 transmitter?

You shouldn't try to make an amplifier unless you have access to an RF Spectrum Analyzer and know how to use it to be sure that your amp doesn't have any harmonics that would violate the FCC specs for out-of-band interference. If you want more range, just use the 2.4GHz stuff that was mentioned previously. You can use a fair amount more power in that band, I believe...

1. What is the purpose of using ASK transmitters in parallel?

The purpose of using ASK transmitters in parallel is to increase the overall transmission power and improve the signal strength of the transmitted data. This is especially useful in situations where the distance between the transmitter and receiver is large, or when there are obstacles that can weaken the signal.

2. How do ASK transmitters in parallel work?

ASK transmitters in parallel work by sending the same data signal simultaneously from multiple transmitters. The signals combine and reinforce each other, resulting in a stronger and more reliable transmission. The receiver then decodes the combined signal to retrieve the original data.

3. What are the advantages of using ASK transmitters in parallel?

There are several advantages of using ASK transmitters in parallel, including increased transmission power, improved signal strength, and better signal coverage. This makes it ideal for long-distance and outdoor communication, as well as for overcoming obstacles such as buildings or terrain.

4. Are there any limitations to using ASK transmitters in parallel?

One limitation of using ASK transmitters in parallel is that it requires multiple transmitters, which can increase the cost and complexity of the system. Additionally, if the transmitters are not synchronized properly, it can result in interference and a weaker signal. This technique also has limited use in high-speed data transmission.

5. What types of devices use ASK transmitters in parallel?

ASK transmitters in parallel are commonly used in various wireless communication devices such as radios, cellular phones, Wi-Fi routers, and satellite communication systems. They are also used in remote control devices, security systems, and data transmission applications.