Attachments in brain teaser forum

• Thread starter gerben
  • Start date
In summary, it would be very useful to be able to post attachments in the Brain Teasers forum. However, the policy is that "[PLAIN]" tags are only allowed in the General Discussion subforum, and attachments are turned off.
gerben
Why is it not possible to to send attachments in the Brain Teasers forum?

Physics news on Phys.org
It would be very useful to be able to do so.

like with this picture that I wanted to attach as an answer to a problem, it is rather difficult to describe such an answer in words...

Attachments

• star.jpg
    star.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 703
attachments are turned on in the brain teaser forum

I just tried, but it was still not possible to post attachments in Brain Teasers forum...

Last edited:
It is really still not possible to post attachments.

I find it really annoying that we are not able to post attachments in the Brain Teaser forum. Today I wanted to use the [ img ] ... [ / img ] method to post an image and found out that that also does not work there.

Is there a reason why this is not allowed in the Brain Teasers forum?

From what i know of,"" tags are allowed only in the General Discussion subforum,as for attachments,lemme take a look.

Forum policies...

Daniel.

EDIT:Yes,you're right.They're turned off... :grumpy:

Last edited:
If you have a picture, you could upload it to some image hosting site like Image Shack, and throw in the link.

http://www.imageshack.us/

Any plans to allow image tags in the brain teaser forum?

mattmns said:
Any plans to allow image tags in the brain teaser forum?
Just attach the image. We don't allow inline images.

Greg Bernhardt said:
attachments are working now
Greg
Maybe then and in most of the forums - but.
When you get a chance could you check the Thumbnail function in the brain teaser forum.
The attachments load OK, but users only see the file name not the thumbnail and clicking on it brings up an error (permissions). This only while logged in.

However logging out and returning to the post - the thumnails then show and clicking it brings up the full image as it should and as it does in other PF forums while still logged in.

I'm guessing this is not how you intend for this to work in brain teasers.
RB

dextercioby said:
From what i know of,"" tags are allowed only in the General Discussion subforum,as for attachments,lemme take a look.
Forum policies...
Daniel.
EDIT:Yes,you're right.They're turned off... :grumpy:[/QUOTE]
[QUOTE=Greg Bernhardt]Just attach the image. We don't allow inline images.[/QUOTE]
Check out my recent post in the LaTeX thread (now under Math & Science Tutorials)
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?p=851248#post851248 (post #642)
Click the Quote button to see how I wrote it.

My guess is that the newly constructed forums allow the "[PLAIN]" tag.
...just an observation.

robphy said:
My guess is that the newly constructed forums allow the "" tag.
...just an observation.[/QUOTE]NO even simpler than that
Not an "inline" issue
Just a simple "jpg" attachment as in
[url]https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=104877[/url]

It loads up simple and easy no problem.
USERS can even see the Thumbnail & click to pull up a full size version.
BUT ONLY if they are loged out and view as a non-user

if logged in they get errors.
you you can see the frustration in the posts.
But this problem viewing seems to be limited to just the brain teaser area, I'm sure I've seen the attachments work OK in other areas of PF.

1. What are attachments in a brain teaser forum?

Attachments in a brain teaser forum refer to any images, videos, or other multimedia files that are added to a post or comment. They can be used to provide visual aids or clues for solving the brain teaser.

2. How do I add an attachment to my post or comment?

To add an attachment, click on the "Attach" button located below the text editor. This will open a window where you can select the file you want to attach. Once selected, the attachment will appear in your post or comment.

3. What types of attachments are allowed in a brain teaser forum?

The types of attachments allowed may vary depending on the forum guidelines, but generally, images (JPEG, PNG, GIF), videos (MP4, AVI, MOV), and audio files (MP3, WAV) are commonly allowed. It is best to check the forum rules or contact a moderator if you are unsure.

4. Can I view attachments on a mobile device?

Yes, most brain teaser forums are mobile-friendly and allow you to view attachments on your mobile device. However, some files may not be compatible with certain devices, so it is recommended to use a desktop computer if you are having trouble viewing an attachment.

5. Are attachments necessary for solving a brain teaser?

No, attachments are not necessary for solving a brain teaser. They are simply added as visual aids or clues to help with the solution. Some brain teasers may not even have attachments at all, so do not solely rely on them for solving the puzzle.