Battery and a speaker in close proximity?

In summary, the conversation suggests that having a small speaker touching the outside of a lithium-Ion battery will not likely have any negative effects such as noise or odd behavior. However, there may be concerns about movement friction between the two items, which could wear through the plastic covering of the battery. Two possible options to prevent this are using a thin layer of Teflon strip or gluing the speaker to the battery with hot glue.
tetra
Greetings, in a small project I'm doing, I need to have a small speaker literally touching the outside of a lithium-Ion battery. Will there be any negative results to these devices being in such close proximity? e.g. noise introduced into the speaker, or odd behavior induced upon the battery? If not, cool, but if so, what options do I have to prevent undesireable interaction?

Thanks

Engineering news on Phys.org
hi tetra

no not likely from the things you mentioned.
The only thing I would be worried about would be movement friction between the 2 items and that may wear through the plastic covering of the battery
2 possible ways to help avoid this would be
1) a thin layer of Teflon strip between the 2 items
2) gluing the speaker to the battery --- hot glue etc

Dave

Cool! Thanks Dave.

Related to Battery and a speaker in close proximity?

1. How close can a battery and speaker be placed together?

The distance between a battery and speaker can vary depending on the type of battery and speaker being used. In general, it is recommended to keep a distance of at least a few inches to avoid interference and potential damage to the battery or speaker.

2. Can a battery and speaker be placed in the same enclosure?

It is not recommended to place a battery and speaker in the same enclosure, as the vibrations from the speaker can potentially damage the battery or cause it to malfunction. It is best to keep them in separate enclosures or at least have a divider between them.

3. What happens if a battery and speaker are placed too close together?

If a battery and speaker are placed too close together, there is a risk of interference and potential damage to either component. The speaker may also produce distorted or poor quality sound if placed too close to the battery.

4. Is it safe to use a battery and speaker in close proximity?

In most cases, it is safe to use a battery and speaker in close proximity as long as they are not placed too close together. It is important to follow the manufacturer's recommendations and keep a safe distance to avoid any potential issues.

5. How can I reduce interference between a battery and speaker?

To reduce interference between a battery and speaker, it is best to keep them at a safe distance from each other and use shielded cables if they are connected. It is also recommended to use high-quality components and follow proper wiring techniques to minimize interference.