Amazing Facts About Laws & Creatures

• Thread starter Tsu
  • Start date
In summary: And you get paid for it! Now I don't know if that job still exists, but at least it did in germany a few years ago. So the guam job is probably only the second best job in the world (after being a "bordel tester"). In summary, there are many strange laws and professions around the world, including a law in Guam that forbids virgins from marrying and a profession in Germany that involves testing brothels for a magazine.
Tsu
Gold Member
Believe it or not??

Believe it or not?

In Lebanon, men are legally allowed to have sex with animals, but the animals must be female. Having sexual relations with a male animal is punishable by death.

(Like THAT makes sense)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Bahrain, a male doctor may legally examine a woman's genitals, but is prohibited from looking directly at them during the examination. He may only see their reflection in a mirror.

(Do they look different reversed?)

*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Muslims are banned from looking at the genitals of a corpse. This also applies to undertakers. The organs of the deceased must be covered with a brick or piece of wood at all times.

(A brick??)

*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The penalty for masturbation in Indonesia is decapitation.

(Much worse than "going blind!")

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time... Reason: Under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry.

(Let's just think for a minute; is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)

In Hong Kong, a betrayed wife is legally allowed to kill her adulterous husband, but may only do so with her bare hands. The husband's lover, on the other hand, may be killed in any manner desired.

(Ah! Justice!)

Topless saleswomen are legal in Liverpool, England - but only in tropical fish stores.

(But of course!)

In Cali, Colombia, a woman may only have sex with her husband, and the first time this happens, her mother must be in the room to witness the act.

(Makes one shudder at the thought)

*~*~*~*~**~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~**~*~*

In Santa Cruz, Bolivia, it is illegal for a man to have sex with a woman and her daughter at the same time.

(I presume this was a big enough problem that they had to pass this law?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

In Maryland, it is illegal to sell condoms from vending machines with one exception: Prophylactics may be dispensed from a vending machine only "in places where alcoholic beverages are sold for consumption on the premises."

(Is this a great country or what? Not as great as Guam!)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Banging your head against a wall uses 150 calories an hour.

(Who volunteers for this stuff?)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.

(Is that why Flipper was always smiling?)

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

(Hummm...I won't touch THAT one!)

The ant can lift 50 times its own weight, can pull 30 times its own weight and always falls over on its right side when intoxicated.

(From drinking little bottles of...? How did the govt. pay for this research??)

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Butterflies taste with their feet.

(Ah, geez)

An ostrich's eye is bigger than it's brain.

(I know some people like that.)

Starfish don't have brains.

(I know some people like that, too)

And, the best for last... Turtles can breathe through their butts.

(And you think you have bad breath?)

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org

Originally posted by Tsunami
Humans and dolphins are the only species that have sex for pleasure.

(Is that why Flipper was always smiling?)

Actually, bonobos (close relatives to chimps) are probably the most sexually active animals alive... they regularly participate in big spontaneous orgies, and females often engage in mutual stimulation. Just to set the record straight. :smile:

I want to know if turtles can really breathe through their butts.

and obviously the turtle farts from its nose (-:

gives you a forward and a reverse mode in the water. I can see the competitive advantage.

The strongest muscle in the body is the tongue.

How much can the average tongue bench press then? How has this been measured?

Originally posted by plus
How much can the average tongue bench press then? How has this been measured?

I'm assuming they mean the ratio of size to pressure exerted. Probably has the highest ratio.

I'll tell you one thing for sure, I'm moving to Guam.

Originally posted by Ivan Seeking
I want to know if turtles can really breathe through their butts.

I've heard a few frogs making sounds I though surely could only emanate from the rear.

Believe it or not?

There are men in Guam whose full-time job is to travel the countryside and deflower young virgins, who pay them for the privilege of having sex for the first time... Reason: Under Guam law, it is expressly forbidden for virgins to marry.

(Let's just think for a minute; is there any job anywhere else in the world that even comes close to this?)

why, why, why didn't you start this thread before I got married?

On a german channel I found out about the life of a "bordel tester". This guy went from brothel to brothel to test their services for a magazine. You decide between inexperienced young teens with their parents probably wanting to witness their doughter's most important life event yet and young experienced girls, sex toys, sauna, massage, etc.

1. What is the purpose of laws in the animal kingdom?

The purpose of laws in the animal kingdom is to maintain order and balance within a species and their environment. They help ensure survival and promote cooperation among individuals.

2. How do animals enforce their own laws?

Animals enforce their own laws through various methods such as vocalizations, physical displays, and even physical altercations. Some species also have social hierarchies and dominant individuals that help maintain order within the group.

3. Can animals break laws?

Yes, animals can break laws within their own species. For example, some species have rules against stealing food from others or mating with certain individuals. However, these "laws" are not enforced by a governing body and are more of a natural instinct or social behavior.

4. Are there consequences for breaking animal laws?

Consequences for breaking animal laws vary among species. Some may result in punishment from other individuals, while others may lead to exclusion from the group or even death. However, not all "violations" of animal laws have consequences, as some behaviors may be overlooked or tolerated.

5. Do animals have the ability to create new laws?

It is debated whether animals have the cognitive ability to create new laws. Some species, such as primates and dolphins, have shown the ability to learn and adapt to new behaviors, which could potentially be seen as creating new laws. However, these behaviors are more likely a result of social learning and imitation rather than conscious creation of new laws.