Best Books in Math for Refreshing Memory

• Other
  • Thread starter Menna2296
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Books
In summary, the best books for refreshing one's memory in math include "A Mind for Numbers" by Barbara Oakley, "Calculus Made Easy" by Silvanus P. Thompson, and "The Art of Problem Solving" by Richard Rusczyk. These books offer practical strategies for improving math skills, as well as a comprehensive review of key concepts and problem-solving techniques. Additionally, "How to Solve It" by George Pólya and "The Number Devil" by Hans Magnus Enzensberger provide engaging and thought-provoking approaches to math problem solving. Overall, these books offer valuable resources for refreshing one's math skills and gaining a deeper understanding of mathematical principles.
Menna2296
i studied mathmatics2 ( mechanices, calculus,algebra) three years ago . I want to refresh my memory to start with new field .
What are the best books in maths in my case ?

Physics news on Phys.org
schaums outline for calculus...

Likes QuantumQuest
Ivan Savov said:
@smodak: thanks for posting this!

An even longer (and more recent) preview can be found here: https://minireference.com/static/excerpts/noBSguide_v5_preview.pdf

Happy math learning to y'all!

PS: Check out the amazon.com because they have a crazy special: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0992001005/?tag=pfamazon01-20
Welcome! The author himself!
I just checked out the preview of your linear algebra book. Looks superb. Even has quantum mechanics applications. Definitely on my purchase list. Do you now when the print version is coming?

Last edited by a moderator:
smodak said:
I just checked out the preview of your linear algebra book. Looks superb. Even has quantum mechanics applications. Definitely on my purchase list. Do you now when the print version is coming?

My copyeditor is doing her final pass to correct any remaining typos. I'm expecting to ship it sometime this Feb. Finally! It's been epic—almost a three years of editing and polishing... (My friend was joking with me saying I should have called the books "Almost no bullshit guide ..." this way I can release them much sooner ;)

Likes smodak
Last edited by a moderator:

Related to Best Books in Math for Refreshing Memory

1. What are the best books for refreshing math skills?

There are many great books for refreshing your math skills, but some popular options include "The Princeton Review Math Refresher for Standardized Tests," "The Humongous Book of Basic Math and Pre-Algebra Problems," and "Math Refresher for Adults: The Perfect Solution."

2. Are there any books specifically for refreshing memory in math?

Yes, there are books specifically designed to help refresh your memory in math, such as "Math Refresher for Adults: The Perfect Solution" and "Math Memory Booster: Easy Math Drills for All Ages."

3. How do I choose the best math refresher book for me?

When choosing a math refresher book, consider your current level of math proficiency, the specific topics you want to review, and your learning style. It's also helpful to read reviews and sample chapters to get a sense of the book's approach and difficulty level.

4. Can these books be used for test preparation?

Yes, many of these books can be used for test preparation, especially if they are specifically designed for standardized tests like the SAT, ACT, or GRE. However, it's always best to check the book's description or reviews to ensure it covers the specific topics and level of difficulty you need for your test.

5. Are there any online resources that can supplement these books?

Yes, there are many online resources that can supplement these books for refreshing your math skills. Some popular options include Khan Academy, MathisFun, and MathTV. These resources offer interactive lessons, practice problems, and tutorials on various math topics to help reinforce what you learn from the books.