Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Best Circuit simulation Software?

1. Jun 23, 2012 #1
    I recently downloaded LTSpice IV to use for testing circuits. Before I start to really learn the software I'd like to know if it's what I should be using or if there's something better. Basically I'm just testing simple circuits, but I do need the software to have a virtual oscilloscope.

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 23, 2012 #2
    Well, I can't speak for others, but I learned LTSpice. It works good. You get waveform like on the oscilloscope. For normal frequency stuff, I get everything I want from LTSpice.

4. Jun 24, 2012 #3

vk6kro

Science Advisor

I agree.

This program is easy to use, fast, accurate and free.

And, it is fun to use.

I visit the yahoo LTSpice Group and the experts there get amazing results by direct programming.

I just use it to confirm (or deny) results I get with a calculator or sometimes to teach me how a circuit will work.
    Sometimes I use it just because it is fun to use.

Here is an example where I varied the gain of a transistor by use of a direct command:
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4222062/LTSpice%20example.PNG [Broken]

Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2017
  5. Jun 24, 2012 #4
    Thanks for the advice. I figured LTSpice was the standard. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing out on anything before I started learning it.

6. Jun 24, 2012 #5
    Learn it, it's easy. Two or three posts from vk6kro helping me, I was on my merry way already. Any question, just post here.

7. Feb 20, 2013 #6
    Hi,
    I need a simple square waveform generator circuit that uses opamps

8. Feb 21, 2013 #7
  9. Feb 21, 2013 #8
    Thanks a lot

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook