Best Kotlin courses online (ideally free)?

• Thread starter LinuxMicrosoftMCSA
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Courses
In summary, the individual is currently searching for Java/Kotlin courses to learn through hands-on experience and visual aids. They have experience with CompTIA Linux+ and Microsoft MCSA certifications and are interested in coding, server and router work, and desktop support. Their focus is on mobile development, specifically Android/iOS. They are seeking recommendations for courses to land a job in coding, and have found resources such as Rosettacode.org and the Kotlin site with tutorials. They are also interested in the Kotlin tutorial specifically geared towards Android.
LinuxMicrosoftMCSA
Hi,
As the title explains I am currently looking for Java/Kotlin courses right now. I learn through experience/hands-on and visual/videos (as long as I can take notes). I have an account on Quickstart already for the CompTIA Linux+ certification and the Microsoft MCSA certification. I think that I will be ready for the Linux+ and the Server+ at about the same time. I'm the "jack of all trades" when it comes to IT work. I can code, work on servers and routers, and do desktop support work. For coding, I want to specialize in mobile development/Android/iOS development. My question is the best courses that I should take to land a job in coding in Android/iOS (more iOS).

Technology news on Phys.org
Another resource is. Rosettacode.org where they have a collection of algorithms implemented in many languages. Its great for comparative studying.

What are the best Kotlin courses available online?

Some of the most recommended Kotlin courses online include Kotlin for Android: Beginner to Advanced, Kotlin for Java Developers, and Kotlin Bootcamp for Programmers.

Are there any free options for learning Kotlin online?

Yes, there are several free Kotlin courses available online such as Kotlin Bootcamp for Programmers by Google, Kotlin for Android: Beginner to Advanced by Udacity, and Kotlin for Java Developers by Coursera.

What are the main topics covered in a typical Kotlin course?

A typical Kotlin course covers topics such as basic syntax and features of the language, object-oriented programming concepts, functional programming, integration with Java, and development of Android applications.

What are some factors to consider when choosing a Kotlin course online?

Some factors to consider when choosing a Kotlin course online include the instructor's credentials and teaching style, the course content and structure, reviews and ratings from previous students, and the platform or website offering the course.

Are there any prerequisites for taking a Kotlin course online?

Some Kotlin courses may have prerequisites such as basic programming knowledge or familiarity with Java. However, there are also beginner-friendly courses that do not require any prior experience with programming.