Best place to ask thermodynamics questions

In summary, the best place to ask thermodynamics questions is on online forums or communities dedicated to the subject, such as Reddit's r/thermodynamics or Quora's Thermodynamics topic. These platforms allow for discussions and exchanges between experts and learners, providing a wealth of knowledge and resources for those seeking to deepen their understanding of thermodynamics. Additionally, university or college forums and study groups can also be helpful for seeking guidance on specific questions or concepts. It is important to carefully research and choose a reputable source when seeking answers to thermodynamics questions, as the subject can be complex and require accurate and thorough explanations.
notawretcheddrunk
What an awesome site. Well I was wondering, i have some thermodynamics physical chem related questions to ask, where is the best place to ask them? are any of you good at thermodynamics, are there any experts here?

Physics news on Phys.org
Perhaps in the https://www.physicsforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9 .
There's also Dr. Michio Kaku's Forum. This one is more about out there physics I think but I'm sure selfAdjoint(the mod for that forum) could help you.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can always use the search function too incase there is already a thread in regards to your questions.

And Welcome to PF by the way.

thanks for the welcome, yeah i'll be sure to check out the forums you suggested as well as other ones

You could ask them in either General Physics or General Chemistry. I think you'll get a better/faster response in General Physics though. The exception is if they are about homework problems, then ask them in the college level homework help section.

1. What is the best online platform for asking thermodynamics questions?

The best online platform for asking thermodynamics questions is Quora. It is a popular question-and-answer website where users can ask and answer questions on a wide range of topics, including thermodynamics. It has a large community of experts and professionals who can provide accurate and helpful answers to your questions.

2. Are there any forums or discussion boards specifically for thermodynamics questions?

Yes, there are several forums and discussion boards dedicated to thermodynamics questions. Some popular ones include Physics Forums, Chemistry Stack Exchange, and Thermodynamics Forum. These platforms have a community of knowledgeable members who can offer in-depth discussions and explanations on thermodynamics concepts.

3. Can I ask thermodynamics questions on social media?

While it is possible to ask thermodynamics questions on social media platforms like Twitter or Facebook, it is not recommended. These platforms are not designed for in-depth discussions and may not have a community of experts who can provide accurate answers. It is best to use dedicated forums or websites for asking thermodynamics questions.

4. How can I ensure that I get accurate answers to my thermodynamics questions?

To ensure accurate answers to your thermodynamics questions, it is important to provide enough context and details in your question. This will help the experts understand your question better and provide a more precise answer. Additionally, you can also do some research on the topic beforehand to have a better understanding of the concept and ask more specific questions.

5. Is it okay to ask basic thermodynamics questions on these platforms?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to ask basic thermodynamics questions on these platforms. Experts understand that everyone starts from somewhere and they are usually happy to help clarify any doubts or confusion. However, it is important to do some research beforehand and try to understand the basics before asking too many basic questions.