1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bh loop of steel at various ferquencies

1. Jun 4, 2009 #1
    HI

I am a research student working on high frequency behaviour of inductive couplers. I am looking for BH loops of steel from various frequencies (dc-1MHz) range. Can any body provide this data ?

Thanks in advance

Faisal

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 4, 2009 #2
    I suggest that you review the equations of eddy current genetationand hysterisis loss in transformer laminations. Here is one reference:
    http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19660001049_1966001049.pdf
    [Added comment] There is another factor that limits the high frequency behavior of inductors. The speed of light in vacuum is 1/sqrt(e0u0) where e0 and u0 are the permittivity and permeability of free space. In a ferrite, it becomes 1/sqrt(e u e0 u0) so the speed of light, where u and e are the relative permeability and permittivity. So magnetization waves propagate by a factor sqrt(ue) less than the speed of light in ferrite cores. This will limit dimensions of the core.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  4. Jun 4, 2009 #3

Thanks. Actually I need to calculate the losses in the material from the BH loop for various frequencies. It needs Epstein frame and high frequency current amplifiers to determine those.
    I don't have those experiment setup.
    I think BH loop of a particular material at a fixed frequency and H , will be constant. I am looking for that BH data to put in my model for calculating eddy current loss dynamically

Any Suggestions ?

Thanks

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook