Bh loop of steel at various ferquencies

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter pfaisalbe
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Loop Steel
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
pfaisalbe
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
HI

I am a research student working on high frequency behaviour of inductive couplers. I am looking for BH loops of steel from various frequencies (dc-1MHz) range. Can anybody provide this data ?

Thanks in advance

Faisal
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I suggest that you review the equations of eddy current genetationand hysterisis loss in transformer laminations. Here is one reference:
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19660001049_1966001049.pdf
[Added comment] There is another factor that limits the high frequency behavior of inductors. The speed of light in vacuum is 1/sqrt(e0u0) where e0 and u0 are the permittivity and permeability of free space. In a ferrite, it becomes 1/sqrt(e u e0 u0) so the speed of light, where u and e are the relative permeability and permittivity. So magnetization waves propagate by a factor sqrt(ue) less than the speed of light in ferrite cores. This will limit dimensions of the core.
 
Last edited:
Bob S said:
I suggest that you review the equations of eddy current genetationand hysterisis loss in transformer laminations. Here is one reference:
http://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/19660001049_1966001049.pdf



Thanks. Actually I need to calculate the losses in the material from the BH loop for various frequencies. It needs Epstein frame and high frequency current amplifiers to determine those.
I don't have those experiment setup.
I think BH loop of a particular material at a fixed frequency and H , will be constant. I am looking for that BH data to put in my model for calculating eddy current loss dynamically

Any Suggestions ?

Thanks