Black Hole Annihilation & Photon Interaction

In summary, two black holes, whether made of matter or antimatter, will simply merge when they come together and annihilate each other. It is irrelevant if one is bigger than the other, as the smaller one will be consumed by the larger one, resulting in a stronger black hole with immense gravitational force. Any photons produced during the merger will ultimately end up in the singularity, where all matter and energy is bound to converge.
cragar
Lets say i had a black hole out in space , and then i had another black hole made out of anti-matter , and they came together after they annihilated each other and produced photons , would the photons kind of orbit each other because they could not escape the intense G field , i realize this would be hard to setup but let's just say that we could get two black holes to do this ,

Astronomy news on Phys.org
cragar said:
Lets say i had a black hole out in space , and then i had another black hole made out of anti-matter , and they came together after they annihilated each other and produced photons , would the photons kind of orbit each other because they could not escape the intense G field , i realize this would be hard to setup but let's just say that we could get two black holes to do this ,

They will simply merge
It is irrelevant if they are made of matter or antimatter.

yes but won't they produce photons ,

What you forget is that matter is in heavy trouble inside a Black Hole. Everything (yes, everything, including photons) is bound to end up in the "singularity" in a very short time. There is no more matter or antimatter or photons, there's just this single point where all our theories have nothing to say.
So, when two black holes merge, at no time there will be photons orbiting inside the horizon.

And even without singularity, at very very very high temperatures there is no difference between matter and antimatter.

interesting , thanks for your responses .

2 black holes with similar size would merge but in case where is first bigger then second ,second would be consumed by the first one , making it bigger and stronger with imense G force

1. What is black hole annihilation?

Black hole annihilation is the process in which two black holes collide and merge, releasing a large amount of energy in the form of gravitational waves and often resulting in the formation of a larger black hole.

2. How does photon interaction occur in a black hole?

Photon interaction occurs in a black hole through the process of Hawking radiation. As a black hole absorbs particles, it also emits radiation in the form of photons. This interaction between the black hole and photons is key in understanding the behavior of black holes.

3. Can black holes interact with other forms of matter besides photons?

Yes, black holes can interact with other forms of matter besides photons. They can interact with any kind of matter that gets too close to their event horizon, the point of no return. This includes gas, dust, and even entire stars.

4. How is energy released during black hole annihilation?

The energy released during black hole annihilation is a result of the conversion of mass into energy. According to Einstein's famous equation E=mc², a small amount of mass can release a large amount of energy.

5. Is it possible for a black hole to annihilate an entire galaxy?

No, it is not possible for a black hole to annihilate an entire galaxy. While black holes can grow in size by consuming matter, they are not powerful enough to destroy an entire galaxy. The supermassive black hole at the center of a galaxy is actually crucial in keeping the galaxy together through its gravitational pull.