Exploring Career Options: Computer vs Electronics Engineering

In summary, A person is interested in studying fixing, joining, and playing with objects. They are considering computer engineering due to its higher salary, better job placement, and level of difficulty. They are also attracted to the fact that computer engineering includes some hardware. They are a perfectionist and are currently applying for an undergraduate course in an Indian university. They have time to decide as many universities have similar engineering courses for the first year.
snigi
I am a person who likes studying about fixing,joining and playing with objects.
However cnsidering the many merit points that computer engineering has over electronics engineering(in terms of salary,placement,level of diff.)..I'm confused.
Also the fact that comp engg. has some amount of hardware attracts me to it.
Please help!(I'm sort of a perfectionist.)

Physics news on Phys.org
What stage are you in in your education? Many universities have identical courses of study in engineering for at least the first year... so I'm thinking you have lots of time to decide.

Im applying for UG course in an Indian university.

What is the difference between computer engineering and electronics engineering?

Computer engineering focuses on the design and development of computer hardware and software systems, while electronics engineering focuses on the design and development of electronic devices and systems.

Which field has better job prospects, computer engineering or electronics engineering?

Both fields have strong job prospects and offer a variety of career options. It ultimately depends on your interests and skills. Computer engineering may have more opportunities in the software industry, while electronics engineering may have more opportunities in industries such as telecommunications and consumer electronics.

What skills are required for a career in computer engineering?

Some important skills for computer engineering include programming languages, digital logic design, and knowledge of computer hardware and software systems. Additionally, strong problem-solving and analytical skills are essential for success in this field.

What skills are required for a career in electronics engineering?

Some important skills for electronics engineering include knowledge of electrical circuits and components, proficiency in programming languages such as C or assembly, and an understanding of digital and analog systems. Additionally, strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills are important in this field.

Which field offers better salary potential, computer engineering or electronics engineering?

Both fields offer competitive salaries and can vary depending on factors such as job location, industry, and level of experience. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the median annual salary for computer hardware engineers in 2020 was $119,560, while the median annual salary for electronics engineers was $108,430.