1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Building a Maglev Train Prototype

1. Aug 17, 2011 #1
    1. Hi, I am currently doing a project which the main objective is to build an miniature Maglev Train Prototype and compare its performance with a Conventional Train.

2. I am having a big problem in the propulsion system of the Meglev Train which is the long stator linear synchronous motor. Where and how can I get this long stator linear synchronous motor?

3. I planned to make the winding of stator by myself, but I have no idea how to do it? Is it possible to do it?

2. jcsd
  3. Aug 18, 2011 #2

NascentOxygen

Staff: Mentor

Maybe settle for a linear induction motor? You do have 3 phase power available? If not, maybe try a 2 phase linear motor.
    Evidently it is quite simple, in principle. Lots of youtube links; start here. Note the row of bolts used as magnetic cores.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzrBDMXBk8g"

Good luck. :smile:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2017
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook