Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bush Approval Rating sux

1. Nov 10, 2003 #1
  2. jcsd
  3. Nov 10, 2003 #2
    Hopefully, but if the markets keep rallying, he might start looking really good.

4. Nov 11, 2003 #3
    Let's hope people vote against Bush, for the sake of the country. The current trend looks good, and no matter how well economic indicators are looking, unless the jobs come back(which they won't, and I'll bet we agree on why), it won't make a difference to the voters. Unfortunately, we also have a problem in this country where people vote for anyone who claims to be a Republican, no matter how much of an idiot he is. That could be the topic of a whole other thread.

5. Nov 11, 2003 #4
    I fear we are inevitably doomed to another 4 years with that moron

6. Nov 11, 2003 #5
    I know some people who's faith in humanity is on the line... If Bush gets reelected, I know some people who will become really depressed.

7. Nov 11, 2003 #6
    Based on coversations I've had with people, a major sentiment in his favor was the way he handled the 9/11 situation. Granted closer examination shows how it was all orchestrated, but most people simply look at the fact that he sent troops to hunt down terroists, and nothing more. That's their main reason for supporting him. And then they try and talk thier way out of the tons of other mistakes he's made with the economy and foreign policy.

God help us all.

8. Nov 11, 2003 #7
    The 'traditional' trick maybe be a new war or a serious conflict with a state of the axe of evil. That fits in newcon's strategy.

9. Nov 12, 2003 #8
    Well, it is one of those things...he was the man in charge, and he acted...for a moment, at least, he seemed to some to be a leader. He is a 'good' leader, I guess; he says what people want to hear, he never backs down. At some point, though, the fact that his statements were flawed at best, lies at worst, and his actions have been generally wrong...all that will come out.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?