Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Bush solution to Social Security?

1. Nov 1, 2004 #1

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Is the flu vaccine shortage really a solution to the Social Security problem? :rofl:

http://tomburka.com/archives2/2004_10.php#000675 (Caution: humor)

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 1, 2004 #2

Staff Emeritus
    Gold Member
    Dearly Missed

The guy's name is Thomson, not Thompson. That lockbox line is hilarious. A modest proposal. Do I sense him becoming a little frustrated with his role as a Bush yes-man?
  4. Nov 1, 2004 #3

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I think you ought to tell folks that this is a joke. Someone might actually believe it...I nearly did !
  5. Nov 1, 2004 #4

When I saw the "(Caution: humor)" I realized it was in fun...but then I saw a serious response and questions whether the humor was that someone was actually saying this Ala nader or if it really was "humor"....
    At any rate, I would suggest "Thompson" has it wrong...the policies that created the shortfall were started way back during the Clinton admin...and since they were all in the opinion that Gore would win ...I think it surely must be what Kerry was referring to in the debate when he said that they had "fixed medicare" :rofl:
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?