But you haven't given us any values to help you with! :eek:

• Thread starter knobles8179
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Voltage
In summary, the problem asks to determine the currents I_1, I_2, and I_3 in the given circuit, assuming each battery has an internal resistance of 1.0 Ohm. The task can be solved using Kirchhoff's Loop Rule and Junction Rule. The voltage drop across the internal resistance of the 6.0-V battery needs to be subtracted from the battery's voltage to find the terminal voltage.
knobles8179

Homework Statement

http://session.masteringphysics.com/problemAsset/1084694/3/GIANCOLI.ch26.p36.jpg

Determine the currents I_1, I_2, and I_3 in the figure. Assume the internal resistance of each battery is 1.0 Ohm.
I1, I2, I3 = __________ A

What is the terminal voltage of the 6.0-V battery?
Vt = _____ V

Homework Equations

I know I have to include Kirchoff's Loop Rule and Junction Rule

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi knobles8179! Welcome to PF! :smile:

(btw, two h's in Kirchhoff! :wink:)

That's right … do loop equations for any two of the three loops, and a junction equation, and find the voltage drop across the "r" resistance (which i assume is intended to represent the internal resistance of the 6V battery), and subtract it from the 6V. :smile:

Related to But you haven't given us any values to help you with! :eek:

1. What is current voltage?

Current voltage, also known as terminal voltage, is the potential difference between two points in an electrical circuit. It is measured in volts (V) and represents the amount of electrical energy per unit of charge available at the terminal of a circuit.

2. How is current voltage calculated?

Current voltage can be calculated using Ohm's Law, which states that voltage (V) is equal to current (I) multiplied by resistance (R). This can be expressed as V = I x R. Alternatively, it can be measured using a voltmeter.

3. What factors affect current voltage?

The main factors that affect current voltage are the resistance of the circuit, the type of material used, the length of the circuit, and the temperature. Changes in any of these factors can result in a change in the current voltage.

4. How is current voltage different from potential difference?

Current voltage and potential difference are essentially the same thing. Both terms refer to the difference in electrical potential between two points in a circuit. However, potential difference is a more general term, while current voltage specifically refers to the potential difference at the terminal of a circuit.

5. What are some common applications of current voltage?

Current voltage is used in a variety of applications, including powering electronic devices, lighting, and transportation systems. It is also important in fields such as telecommunications, renewable energy, and medical equipment. Understanding and controlling current voltage is crucial for the proper functioning of these systems.