Calculate Velocity From Kinecitcal energy

In summary, the conversation discusses calculating kinetic energy and velocity using the formula KE = 1/2mv^2. The first two equations show the KE for velocities of 10m/s and 15m/s, and for the next velocity, the KE increases by 105000. The question is how to solve for the new velocity, and the solution is to plug in the given mass of 1200kg into the formula to find the velocity.
Izekid
I know 4 thing
Velocity 10m/s KE = 60000
Velocity 15m/s KE = 135000

For the next velocity the KE raises antoher 105000

and the new Velocity = ? and KE = 240000

How do I solv the new Velocity...

Physics news on Phys.org
Can you find the mass from either of the first two equations? If yes, will that help with your final answer?

well K.E. = 1/2mv^2

if you knew "m", the rest would be easy

if the unit of energy is jule then
20 m/s

enjoy

Help!

Yeah I forgot...the mass is 1200kg please tell me how to do it not only show the answer ...

Izekid said:
Yeah I forgot...the mass is 1200kg please tell me how to do it not only show the answer ...
Just plug that info into the K.E formula. You know the Kinetic energy and the mass, now find the velocity.

Thx guys had some problems there ...

1. How do I calculate velocity from kinetic energy?

To calculate velocity from kinetic energy, you can use the equation v = √(2KE/m), where v is velocity, KE is kinetic energy, and m is the mass of the object. This equation is derived from the principle of conservation of energy, which states that the total energy of a system remains constant.

2. What is kinetic energy?

Kinetic energy is the energy an object possesses due to its motion. It is dependent on the mass and velocity of the object, and can be calculated using the equation KE = 1/2mv^2.

3. Can kinetic energy be negative?

No, kinetic energy cannot be negative. It is always a positive value, as it is a measure of an object's speed and mass.

4. How is kinetic energy related to velocity?

Kinetic energy and velocity are directly proportional, meaning that as one increases, the other also increases. This can be seen in the equation KE = 1/2mv^2, where the velocity is squared.

5. What is the unit of measurement for kinetic energy?

The unit of measurement for kinetic energy is joules (J). However, it can also be expressed in other units such as foot-pounds (ft-lb) or electron-volts (eV) depending on the context of the problem.