Calculus III (help sketching graph)

• Thread starter Ric-Veda
  • Start date

Homework Statement

Sketch the curve with the given vector equation. Indicate with an arrow the direction in with 't' increases

r(t)=<t, 2-t, 2t>

Homework Equations

parametric equation (can't type the equation, too confusing to use the template)

The Attempt at a Solution

So far, I have <1, -1, 2> and points (0, 2, 0). Am I even correct? And how do I sketch the graph. I know it's suppose to be in the xyz graph, but how do I graph the vector equation?

Answers and Replies

Homework Statement

Sketch the curve with the given vector equation. Indicate with an arrow the direction in with 't' increases

r(t)=<t, 2-t, 2t>

Homework Equations

parametric equation (can't type the equation, too confusing to use the template)

The Attempt at a Solution

So far, I have <1, -1, 2> and points (0, 2, 0). Am I even correct? And how do I sketch the graph. I know it's suppose to be in the xyz graph, but how do I graph the vector equation?
What does the vector <1, -1, 2> represent?
The point (0, 2, 0) corresponds to t = 0, right? To get a reasonable graph you're going to need way more than 1 point.
For the parametric equations, what are x(t), y(t), and z(t)? All three are linear equations in t.

The graph of your vector function will be in three-dimensional space. Have you drawn any surfaces or curves in 3D?