Can Resistance Exceed a Mass's Top Speed in Theory?

  • Level: Undergrad 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Gaffig
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 1K views
Gaffig
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
If some mass is moving at it's highest speed is there anything that can prove that the resistance to that mass should actually exceed the speed of that mass' top speed to resist? Elementary question for you brainiacs :) but I really want to know if resistance speed might in theory exceed said mass top speed for a reason! Anyone know of a law or theory regarding this? I am young to science so please go easy on me, thank you
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
A moving mass has no "highest speed". Even if it is going close to the speed of light, you can always accelerate it and it will go a little bit faster. I have no idea what you mean by "resistance speed".