Can someone confirm my answers on a few torsion problems?

In summary, the speaker is unsure about their answers on numbers 26, 27, and 29 and asks for confirmation and tips. They are surprised to find out that all of their answers are actually correct.
EastWindBreaks

Homework Statement

QQ图片20170523004452.png

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Scan0003.jpg

I feel I did something wrong, but not sure where is my problem. I don't feel conformable on number 26 and 27 and 29, can someone please tell me which answer is incorrect and any tip on solving it would be greatly appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
EastWindBreaks said:

Homework Statement

View attachment 204067

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

View attachment 204070
I feel I did something wrong, but not sure where is my problem. I don't feel conformable on number 26 and 27 and 29, can someone please tell me which answer is incorrect and any tip on solving it would be greatly appreciated!
Well you better start feeling comfortable because you got them all correct! Nice work.

Likes EastWindBreaks and berkeman
PhanthomJay said:
Well you better start feeling comfortable because you got them all correct! Nice work.
wow, I was expecting at least one incorrect answer, thank you for checking my work!

1. What is torsion?

Torsion is a twisting force that causes an object to rotate around its axis.

2. How is torsion used in engineering?

Torsion is used in engineering to design and analyze structures that are subjected to twisting forces, such as shafts, beams, and bridges.

3. What are some common applications of torsion?

Some common applications of torsion include helicopter blades, propellers, and torsion springs in mechanical systems.

4. What are some factors that can affect torsion?

The factors that can affect torsion include the material properties of the object, its geometry, the magnitude and direction of the applied force, and the boundary conditions.

5. How is torsion different from other types of forces?

Torsion is different from other types of forces, such as tension or compression, because it causes an object to twist rather than stretch or compress. It also depends on the object's shape and the location of the applied force.