I never said I think the heating , steam engine whatnot part is efficient or will work that was just a sidenote.
Hmm , this is were I have to admit I really don't know what are you talking about , not because you would be wrong rather I just can't understand your point, would you please explain what is the terrible part about changing that capacitance? If it is even possible which I don't know , well it is mechanically but is it in a solid state way possible.
Well ofcourse we have a good transformer but a transformer ain't going to "drive" itself , from a dc source it needs sopme switches to do that , or some charge flow which changes polarity and magnitude with time, that was all i was trying to do.
If for example, I'm not saying this will work that way just for example , if I could have a capacitor whose dielectric I can change by applying some given charge to it and that would alter the capacitance then why would that be inefficient or bad?
As Simon said if I have this magic box with two main capacitor leads the + and - and two other for changing the capacitance or maybe one , depends on the method one could achieve this, then If I have two such boxes in series with a transformer primary each box located at the end of a pirmary and I switch them back and forth one by one and use the charge or whatever I used to alter the ones capacitance to the other in the next cycle.
Ofcourse it's hard to speak about this as i don't have the mechanism for the needed varyable dielectric , if I would have one only then I could fully speak about the efficiency and other parameters.
So I guess that is what I need to know, also Sophie could you please explain me this one thing and keep your hair steady at the same time ? :D about the power incom as you mentioned,ok here is my take on it:
A transformer can only transfer energy from the primary to the secondary if there is a time and/or polarity varying current in the primary, right ? right.Normally we have semiconductor switches that switch the + to - and do that and flip the sides of the primary on each cycle so that the transformer would see not only amplitude varyation but also polarity variation , like in a H bridge smps.
My idea was to have two capacitors attached at each end of the primary and both tied to ground , but at any given amount if time only one of them charges up fully while the other is if not totally empty (the ideal case) then atleast with a much lower capacitance , and so by charging one cap and discharging the other we could achieve a constant charge flow back and forth, the power to movre these charges as the transformer would be under load would come from the electric field present at the capacitors , the one capacitor which would charge up at an given moment would suck the charges in aainst the back emf of the transformer , is that right ?
I ca't understand what is so wrong about this reasoning?