Cannot find decimal number inverter site

• Thread starter jackmell
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Inverter
In summary, there is a website called Plouffe's Inverter that does a reverse conversion of decimal numbers to symbolic representations. It provides a list of possible expressions, such as \sqrt{2}, for a given decimal number. There is also another website called Mathematica that does a similar job.
jackmell
Hi,

There is a website that does a reverse conversion of a decimal number to symbolic representations. For example, if I were to supply the approximate number

the site would give me a list of possible symbolic expressions which in this case, would probably include [itex]\sqrt{2}[/itex].

I think the site was called something line "Pussiant's Inverter" or something like this but I cannot locate it.

You guys know?

Thanks,
Jack

Mathematics news on Phys.org
D H said:
Plouffe's Inverter: http://pi.lacim.uqam.ca/.

Mathematica does a pretty nice job, also.

You tops DH ! :)

1. What is a decimal number inverter site?

A decimal number inverter site is a website or program that allows users to convert decimal numbers into their inverse values, also known as reciprocal numbers. This is a useful tool for mathematical calculations and conversions.

2. How does a decimal number inverter site work?

A decimal number inverter site typically uses a mathematical formula or algorithm to calculate the inverse value of a decimal number. This formula involves dividing 1 by the decimal number to get its reciprocal value. The site then displays the result to the user.

3. Can I use a decimal number inverter site for any decimal number?

Yes, a decimal number inverter site can be used for any positive or negative decimal number, as long as it is not equal to zero. The site will calculate the inverse value for the given decimal number.

4. Are decimal number inverter sites accurate?

Yes, decimal number inverter sites use precise mathematical formulas to calculate the inverse value of a decimal number. As long as the input is correct, the output will also be accurate.

5. Are there any other features on a decimal number inverter site?

Some decimal number inverter sites may also have additional features such as converting fractions to decimals or vice versa, rounding decimals to a certain number of decimal places, and displaying the result in scientific notation. These features may vary depending on the site or program.