Causality in the subjective world

• Thread starter PIT2
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Causality
In summary, there are laws of nature that describe physical systems and our senses receive input from these systems. However, once the input reaches our consciousness, it is manipulated by an unknown principle and produces our actions, which cannot be predicted by known laws of nature. The idea that our thoughts obey the rules that govern our brains is still being researched and debated, but it is believed by many that the laws of psychology, computation, and cognition can be explained by physical causation. There is also the concept of laws of karma governing the evolution of consciousness, which may operate on a different plane. Ultimately, the idea of nature "obeying" laws may be a misunderstanding and laws of nature may simply describe regular patterns of happenings.
"Whether (metaphysical) solipsism is true or false is not something we can verify empirically."

If there is a "we", solipsism is false !

And being analytical doesn't make solipsism an analtyical truth !

Physics news on Phys.org
Tournesol said:
If there is a "we", solipsism is false !
Good point! Of course I should have used "I" instead of "we" (I put it down to the scientist in me)

Tournesol said:
And being analytical doesn't make solipsism an analtyical truth !
Since I have never claimed that solipsism is an analytical truth, I assume this comment is in response to someone else's post.

Best Regards