Cell Broadcast: Feasibility and Adoption Rates for University Campus Updates

  • Thread starter Thread starter selseg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Cell
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
selseg
Messages
32
Reaction score
0
I would want to implement cell broadcast for updating people with issues on the ground on a university campus.My problem is I want to know what percentage of phones support it now and how feasible it could be, the economics of it. I am familiar with the theory .Thank you
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Digital billboard

What I know is that cell broadcasts are like text messages which appear on the screen of the phone.Usually just below where you find the name of the service provider.So far I have seen several networks display district location and discount on the phone screen .I want to know just about anything about it .I have an old Sumsung sgh-r220 even that accepts cell broadcast.
 
Last edited:
I know it's been a while, but this http://transition.fcc.gov/pshs/docs/advisory/cmsaac/pdf/CellCastComment070307.pdf" from 2007 says that "Cell broadcast is already resident in most network infrastructure and in most phones, so there is no need to build any towers, lay any cable, write any software, or replace terminals".
 
Last edited by a moderator: