Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemical Kinetics

1. Dec 27, 2009 #1
    I've been independantly studying chemical kinetics from a standard freshman year chemistry textbook, and I enjoy the subject, could anyone suggest any further reading or sources? Specifically I'd like to try and find a calculus based text, as the one I have specifically avoids using any calculus, and I'd be curious to see some of the proofs for determining the equations for the rates of second order reactions.

Thank you

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 28, 2009 #2
    Wikipedia is always an excellent source.

See: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michaelis-Menten_kinetics

Not sure what level of kinetics you're looking for but MM is always a good place to start, and they don't dumb it down (has scary dx/dt stuff)! There should be enough links to other articles and references to satisfy your needs.

4. Jan 5, 2010 #3
    my old AP book (look for Zumdahl and Zumdahl) did a pretty good job explaining it. AP and SAT II review books also seem to cover the topic pretty well. if you have any questions...

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook