Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Chemistry Exam

1. Jun 19, 2004 #1

dduardo

Staff Emeritus

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 20, 2004 #2
    too funny lool

4. Jun 20, 2004 #3

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

.. why does it look like he was still being given points for those answers?

5. Jun 20, 2004 #4

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't see any marks. Anyway, what makes you sure it's a "he" ?

6. Jun 20, 2004 #5

enigma

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

This reminds me of a friend of mine in my controls class last year.

The way the class was set up, there were three tests, of which the two highest would count. The final was a large project.

My buddy had gotten reasonable grades on the first two tests, and he busted his butt and got the final project done before the last test - 2 weeks before it was due. He asked the professor to grade the project ASAP because if he got an 'A' on the project, he'd have an 'A' in the class. Sure enough, he got a good grade on the project, but the professor was a little confused when he walked into the last test with his notecards.

He filled out the test booklet and finished after about 20 minutes. Everyone was confused, because the test was brutal.

Turned out that the first "question" he answered was an essay about the dog from "The Dukes of Hazzard" - his favorite TV show. The second "answer" was a list of quotes from the most eccentric professor in the department. The third was a recipe for cookies, etc.

7. Jun 20, 2004 #6

Monique

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

I don't know of too many females named Tim :)

The marks are the three little boxes right? Some have squares or dashes in them, those aren't related to the grading?

8. Jun 20, 2004 #7

Gokul43201

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Tim, it is. Didn't notice that, did I ?

The crosses and dashes mean nothing. That was just the grader trying to mess with Tim's head !

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?