Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Choice of computing platform for guidance system

1. Mar 10, 2009 #1
    I am just starting to learn about attitude estimation and control of a flying(or actually, a freefalling) vehicle. There will be inputs from accelerometers and gyroscopes, Kalman filtering to estimate the correct attitude and control algorithm to achieve the desired attitude.

I am still putting down the first things to paper, but I also need to think what computing platform will I be using when I start realizing the thing. The platform should obviously be powerful enough for all the number-crunching, it should have a community I can ask help from and since the vehicle will be highly mobile(flying!), I would prefer having wireless programming/debugging capabilities.

What would be your recommendations for this kind of platform?

Gumstix seems to be powerful. Is it possible to have a system what is real-time and also have wireless capabilities?

I like TI DSP's and Code Composer Studio and have access to Dev Kits and licensed CCS, but these things are not meant to operate wirelessly.

2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you offer guidance or do you also need help?
Draft saved Draft deleted