Circular Motion - Triangular Frame

In summary, the conversation is about a physics problem involving a frame accelerating along the x-axis, with a pseudo-force applied on objects B and C in the leftward direction. The center of mass of the system is located at the midpoint of B and C, and the distance between the center of mass and object A is known. The individual has tried using energy conservation and considering the frame of reference, but is still having trouble solving the problem. They also mention a diagram of the problem and ask if the person they are speaking to is familiar with Lagrangian mechanics. The person responds that they have some understanding of it, having studied topics such as work and energy, circular motion, kinematics, and momentum.
Ruler of Hell

Homework Statement

2ykKR.jpg

The Attempt at a Solution

I'm going to post all that I figured out or tried. Most of it is really just pieces of information that I don't know how to put together.

The frame is accelerating, so I have to apply a pseudo-force of [tex]\frac{3mg}{2}[/tex] on B and C in the leftward direction.
The Center of Mass of the system lies on the midpoint on B and C. I know the distance between the CoM and A.

I tried energy conservation, taking zero potential at BC. That didn't help either.

Physics news on Phys.org
i can't see your question
is it a pic?

If i am guessing right, frame is acc. along +X axis so you should apply pseudo force in -X

but i can't understand which is going where and masses should complete a circle in frame of A? ... it will if there is no gravity... and is the figure parallel to ground or what>?

are you familiar with Lagrangian mechanics

not exactyl that i have studied somthing like that but i have studied topics work&energy, circular motion, kinematics, momentum and stuff

1. What is circular motion in a triangular frame?

Circular motion in a triangular frame refers to the movement of an object along a curved path within a triangular-shaped frame of reference. This type of motion is characterized by a constant change in direction, as the object moves around the corners of the triangle.

2. How is circular motion in a triangular frame different from circular motion in a traditional frame?

The main difference between circular motion in a triangular frame and a traditional frame is the shape of the frame of reference. In a traditional frame, the object moves along a circular path within a two-dimensional plane. In a triangular frame, the object moves along a curved path within a three-dimensional space.

3. What is the relationship between the radius of the circle and the length of the sides of the triangle in circular motion in a triangular frame?

The radius of the circle is directly related to the length of the sides of the triangle in circular motion in a triangular frame. As the length of the sides of the triangle increases, the radius of the circle also increases, resulting in a wider circular path for the object to travel along.

4. How does the angle between the sides of the triangle affect circular motion in a triangular frame?

The angle between the sides of the triangle has a significant impact on circular motion in a triangular frame. The smaller the angle, the tighter the curve of the circular path will be, while a larger angle will result in a wider curve. This is because the angle determines the amount of centripetal force acting on the object, which is responsible for keeping it in circular motion.

5. What are some real-world examples of circular motion in a triangular frame?

Circular motion in a triangular frame can be observed in many everyday situations. Some examples include a Ferris wheel, a car turning around a corner, or a roller coaster moving along a curved track. In all of these scenarios, the object is moving along a circular path within a triangular frame of reference.