Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Clark told the court reconciliation is essential.

1. Dec 5, 2005 #1
    Clark told the court "reconciliation is essential."

Clark told the court "reconciliation is essential." He said unless the Iraqis think the trial is fair, it will divide rather than reconcile the country.

Is he a left wing nut, or the conscience of the USA? The above statement sounds reasonable enough.

2. jcsd
  3. Dec 5, 2005 #2
    And Evo, I dont waste my time reading your private messages and if you "ban"me, I just use one of my other ID's. How many times do I have to tell you that what you do is futile? Focus on the discussion.

4. Dec 5, 2005 #3

russ_watters

Staff: Mentor

A google revealed THIS:
    I agree that what he said sounds reasonable enough, but it would appear from his record that his intentions are likely to be anything but reasonable.

5. Dec 5, 2005 #4
    I googled too and I got such a long list of attacks on him, linking him from the assasination of Kennedy to being a member of some obscure stalinist organization that I have no idea what to think of him. Strangely, Ramsey Clark sounds very familiar, but I don't know what he stands for.
    Anyway, he is not a positively contributing factor to stability in Iraq. The whole Saddam trial is degrading into a farce. As you know, my point of view is, that now we're in the situation we're in, we have to make the best of it. Giving Saddam a forum to gain sympathy all over the world , with the aid of an ex-attorney general of the US, is not going to help.

6. Dec 5, 2005 #5

russ_watters

Clearly, there is no easy way to figure out what to do about Hussein - perhaps it would be better to hold off with the trial for another six months when (I suspect) the US will be pulling out. Then charges such as Clark's will be a lot weaker.

7. Dec 5, 2005 #6

Evo

I'm not pm'ng you, the system notifies you when you get a warning. :rolleyes:

8. Dec 5, 2005 #7

Astronuc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramsey_Clark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ramsey_Clark#Controversial_Activism

He seems to take clients whom most other attorneys would avoid. He seems to be to the left, possibly a mix of progressive and libertarian philosophies.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?