Why Aircraft with Jet Engines Form Cloud Trails

In summary, at higher altitudes in the atmosphere, fighter aircrafts with jet engines leave a visible white cloud behind them due to the condensation of water vapor in their exhaust. This cloud, known as a contrail, can persist for a significant amount of time under certain atmospheric conditions. However, not all planes leave contrails, as the conditions have to be just right for them to form. Wingtip vortices may also contribute to contrail formation, but this is not the most common type. It is important to steer clear of websites that discuss conspiracy theories involving chemtrails or other false information.
It is worth pointing out that jet plane exhaust is mostly water...

I beg to disagree a jet engine exhaust is mostly nitrogen.

Science news on Phys.org
For its length, this is an astonishingly confusing post.

Jobrag said:

At face value, you are pointing out that jet plane exhaust is mostly water and, at the same time, disagreeing that it is mostly nitrogen.

1]
Jobrag said:
I think this is not meant to be your words; I think it is a quote of https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=2310855&postcount=14".
Took about ten minutes of my life to figure that out. Please use the quote feature.

2]
Jobrag said:
You are disagreeing that a jet exhaust is mostly nitrogen. Since no one ever mentioned nitrogen, it makes no sense for you to disagree with something never said.

So I'm going to guess this is a punctuation thing. I think what you meant to say was:

I beg to disagree; a jet engine exhaust is mostly nitrogen.
That took another ten minutes of my life to figure out. Please use proper punctuation.

OK, that's all sorted out. Now...

What makes you think it's comprised of nitrogen? Back up your claim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nitrogen in, nitrogen out. The atmosphere is 80% nitrogen. It's a necronitpick.