Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
fresh_42 said:
There's a highway to hell,
but only a stairway to heaven.

Guess, expectations are clear.
I guess that also explains why heaven has a gate and hell has a pit.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
There's a highway to hell,
but only a stairway to heaven.

Guess, expectations are clear.
Driving is evil? I guess God's gone green.
 
What's so very special and unique about every Thursday, for all people around the world, no matter what ?
It's exactly when a week has passed since last Thursday and it's one day before Friday ...
 
Today I drove past a beauty salon named "Curl Up & Dye".
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Drakkith, OCR, EnumaElish and 2 others
jtbell said:
Today I drove past a beauty salon named "Curl Up & Dye".

hahahaha ... ohhh dear :smile:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OCR, EnumaElish and Stavros Kiri
upload_2017-5-12_17-6-18.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jtbell, nuuskur, fresh_42 and 4 others
What makes the Golden Gate Bridge really a modern wonder of the world?
It has been built in budget and in time!
 
You could sell a reliable cure for cancer for the same money people pay for a lifetime supply of cancer drugs today. And you would gain an instant monopoly.
 
mfb said:
You could sell a reliable cure for cancer for the same money people pay for a lifetime supply of cancer drugs today. And you would gain an instant monopoly.
Any ideas? (What do you have in mind? LEM protein? / cf. ImmunarT Ltd. for monopoly)
 
Last edited:
Ibix said:
But I think Scottish English is just a dialect, although a fairly well developed one.
Try finding "Edenborrow" on a map of Scotland. ;)
 
snake 3.14m long.jpg
not sure I like the word exactly in this context, but ohh well :rolleyes:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, EnumaElish, AlexCaledin and 2 others
Better: What do you call a snake that coils into a circle exactly 1m in diameter?

Of course, that's a metric πthon. Imperial πthons would also be possible.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish, AlexCaledin and davenn
Ibix said:
Better: What do you call a snake that coils into a circle exactly 1m in diameter?

Of course, that's a metric πthon. Imperial πthons would also be possible.
Offtopic:
What about rebel ##\pi##thons?
 
nuuskur said:
Offtopic:
What about rebel ##\pi##thons?
They coil into circles exactly 1m in diameter and 3m in circumference.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Drakkith and nuuskur
So any python could become a πthon - just by coiling itself into an exact circle.π
 
Indeed. I believe we stand here on the cusp of a completely new system of reptile-based measurement. I'll post a paper on vixra shortly.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42, DrClaude and davenn
Ibix said:
Indeed. I believe we stand here on the cusp of a completely new system of reptile-based measurement. I'll post a paper on vixra shortly.
Don't forget to mention this imaginary guy:

35UlQ.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Ibix, EnumaElish and 3 others
Ibix said:
They coil into circles exactly 1m in diameter and 3m in circumference.
The rebel planet must be really small then. Just 12 meters circumference.
 
fresh_42 said:
Don't forget to mention this imaginary guy:
On a side note, how does anything ever eat a chameleon? The photographer did all of the work for me here. The only thing they could have done to make the animal more obvious would be to trace the outline with a magic marker. And I still have trouble picking it out of the background...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri and EnumaElish
Ibix said:
On a side note, how does anything ever eat a chameleon? The photographer did all of the work for me here. The only thing they could have done to make the animal more obvious would be to trace the outline with a magic marker. And I still have trouble picking it out of the background...

Probably just eats the leaves and hopes it gets lucky...
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri and Ibix
Ibix said:
On a side note, how does anything ever eat a chameleon? The photographer did all of the work for me here. The only thing they could have done to make the animal more obvious would be to trace the outline with a magic marker. And I still have trouble picking it out of the background...

Ha. Try to find a frog in this pic.

yellow_frog.jpg
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri
It's standing to the left of the rhinoceros. You can recognise the frog as it has a carnation in its buttonhole.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish, Ibix and Stavros Kiri
nikkkom said:
Ha. Try to find a frog in this pic.
The only thing I can see that looks vaguely frog-like is about two thirds of the way across amd a third down. A small orange triangular region just above the right hand end of the large grey-brown leaf oriented top-left/bottom-right.

Rejected response: Do not try to find the frog; that's impossible. Instead remember only the truth: there is no frog.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and mfb
I asked my son to hand me the newspaper. He said I should get used to modern times and handed me the iPad. So what, the fly is dead now.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: EnumaElish, Ibix and Stavros Kiri
From an advertisement in the program book for the concert that I attended yesterday:

Please stay awake during the symphony, there will be time to rest later. (And we've got just the place.)
—Lake View Cemetery
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: OmCheeto and davenn