Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,335 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
Too many radios? Telescopes? Meteorites? Minerals?davenn said:
How cute.
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,098
My neighbour - with whom I shared a driveway for 30 years.jack action said:
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,522
Just now I saw a question on another forum about magazines to read on the toilet. It took me way back to when I was a kid in the 1960s. My Finnish-American aunt and uncle had this on the wall in their basement toilet:
"Every moment is a reading moment. Buy a magazine too, today."
I entered the first line (in Finnish) into a Google image search, and sure enough, it popped up!
"Every moment is a reading moment. Buy a magazine too, today."
I entered the first line (in Finnish) into a Google image search, and sure enough, it popped up!
- 16,098
- 9,306
Does it say anywhere "and you know what to do with the paper when you're done"?
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,098
Homework Helper
Education Advisor
Gold Member
- 7,802
- 2,204
DaveC426913
That one reminds me of the "file id description in zip file" which was to be included with any zipped file; and was a file in plain text to identify and describe the zipped file contents.
DIZ was supposed to resemble ZIP upside down and backwards.
FILE_ID.DIZ
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FILE_ID.DIZ
That one reminds me of the "file id description in zip file" which was to be included with any zipped file; and was a file in plain text to identify and describe the zipped file contents.
DIZ was supposed to resemble ZIP upside down and backwards.
FILE_ID.DIZ
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FILE_ID.DIZ
Last edited:
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,696
- 9,098
symbolipoint said:DaveC426913
That one reminds me of the "file id description in zip file" which was to be included with any zipped file; and was a file in plain text to identify and describe the zipped file contents.
DIZ was supposed to resemble ZIP upside down and backwards.
FILE_ID.DIZ
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FILE_ID.DIZ
- 13,926
- 16,804
In honour of the currently running Monty Hall thread, and with deep deep apologies to The Clash:
Monty, you got to tell me which
Should I stick or should I switch?
If you say that I chose a goat
Well to switch would float my boat
So you got to tell me which
Should I stick, or should I switch?
It's always car, car, car
But I'm too confused by far
One door is car, the others goat
So if you want to know my vote
Well, come on and tell me which
Should I stick or should I switch?
[Chorus]
Should I stick, or should I switch now?
Should I stick, or should I switch now?
If I switch there may be trouble
And if I stick, it will be double
So come on and tell me which
Monty, you got to tell me which
Should I stick or should I switch?
If you say that I chose a goat
Well to switch would float my boat
So you got to tell me which
Should I stick, or should I switch?
It's always car, car, car
But I'm too confused by far
One door is car, the others goat
So if you want to know my vote
Well, come on and tell me which
Should I stick or should I switch?
[Chorus]
Should I stick, or should I switch now?
Should I stick, or should I switch now?
If I switch there may be trouble
And if I stick, it will be double
So come on and tell me which
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Thanks for reminding me I just forgot to flush!jtbell said:
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
I looked so good when I was 1, people would tell me " Hey, you look like you're zero!"berkeman said:
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
And Twinkies. 1,000 boxes. I wonder if when they burn seized drugs , it's like burning and smoking a giant joint.berkeman said:
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
Underwear comes with instructions. Fortunately they're for washing. We're not that far gone into idiocracy.jtbell said:View attachment 369999
I guess some people would otherwise confuse these with Subway's [edible] wraps.
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8