Collection of Lame Jokes

• Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Jokes
In summary: It's a humor that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness. It's not for everyone.Not a fan of surrealism, I take it?In summary, surrealism is an art form that relies on absurdity and unexpectedness, often producing incongruous imagery or effects. It may not be appreciated by everyone, but for those who do, it can be quite humorous.
  • #5,741
Poor Wile E. Only wants his Beep Well-and-done! And Corned Beep, Roast Beep but his biggest problem is beep on the hoof! (who actually Owns Acme and co)

Likes davenn
Physics news on Phys.org
  • #5,742
Speaking of Wile E. Coyote, car guys have their fun with him too:

18005504_n.jpg?_nc_cat=111&_nc_ht=scontent.fymq3-1.jpg

And when I was a teen, I had a T-Shirt that looked a lot like this one:

s-l300.jpg

I always rooted for the poor guy!

• Haha
Likes davenn, Steelwolf and Ibix
  • #5,743
That coyote is really a crazy clown.

Likes davenn
  • #5,746
I'm a professional counterfeiter - and I have the certificates to prove it.

• Haha
Likes DrClaude, davenn, BillTre and 6 others
  • #5,747
6a00d8341c5dea53ef022ad39f9da9200d-600wi.jpg

• Haha
Likes collinsmark, strangerep, DrClaude and 3 others
  • #5,748

• Haha
Likes davenn, strangerep, Ibix and 1 other person
  • #5,749
risk of bear attack.jpg

Likes Klystron, strangerep, Keith_McClary and 4 others
  • #5,750
  • Haha
Likes Klystron, Keith_McClary, collinsmark and 6 others
  • #5,751
davenn said:
of course not 😄 poor guy already gets such a hard lifeI will be in Juneau later this year but arriving by cruise ship, not plane.
A cruise up and down the Alaskan and British Columbian coasts
I like Alaska, Ju Neau?

• #5,752
Lady on the subway reading the map, the part that says 'You are Here' :
" How do they know?"

• Haha
Likes davenn
  • #5,753
Juneau

WWGD said:
I like Alaska, Ju Neau?
I still not sure how to pronounce that correctly ??

• #5,754
davenn said:
Juneau
The ending is French. In this case you can't pronounce it correctly. At least I've never heard an English speaker pronouncing the 'u' correctly. Seems out of reach.

• #5,755
davenn said:
Juneau

Here it is pronounced sort of as " You Know" , but instead of a soft 'You', more like in 'Jew
fresh_42 said:
The ending is French. In this case you can't pronounce it correctly. At least I've never heard an English speaker pronouncing the 'u' correctly. Seems out of reach.
Well, we are in the jokes forums, so I guess we can relax rigor here. Ju know?

• #5,756
Walked into a conference for Physicists at the school. Shouted: "Which one of you is Sheldon"?

• #5,757
WWGD said:
Here it is pronounced sort of as " You Know" , but instead of a soft 'You', more like in 'Jew

Altho I've been told I do the opposite, using rigor in jokes and relaxing it in my Math...

• #5,758
WWGD said:
Yes, but it is interesting. The reason is a different use of the tongue, which is why most foreigners have an accent in English, whereas some other sounds do not exist in English, e.g. Jules (Verne). The 'j' is very soft, a superposition of 'sh' and 'z', and 'u' doesn't have an equivalent. A bit like in 'myriad', but far more closed. On the other hand it is difficult for us non-native speakers to roll the tongue and speak in the back of the mouth instead of the front. Would be interesting to know when this imprinting takes place, and how some manage to overcome it.

• #5,759
fresh_42 said:
Yes, but it is interesting. The reason is a different use of the tongue, which is why most foreigners have an accent in English, whereas some other sounds do not exist in English, e.g. Jules (Verne). The 'j' is very soft, a superposition of 'sh' and 'z', and 'u' doesn't have an equivalent. A bit like in 'myriad', but far more closed. On the other hand it is difficult for us non-native speakers to roll the tongue and speak in the back of the mouth instead of the front. Would be interesting to know when this imprinting takes place, and how some manage to overcome it.
My speculation is that those that don't overcome it are still thinking in their native language. Similar
for problems of English speakers in other languages. The inner-settings are still in the original language
but the language being used has changed.

• #5,760
It is not just a difficulty to make the sound. For people who grew up with English it is often difficult to hear any difference between u and ü (using the German umlaut for the sound here) - something that is really easy for people who grew up using both sounds.

There is a lot of discussion how exactly it works, but it looks like infants can pick up all the differences but then become insensitive to differences not used in the language(s) they hear. It gets much more difficult to learn them again later.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_period_hypothesishttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Language_acquisition#Sensitive_period

• #5,761
5bb5f20d2400003200568f8b.jpg

• Haha
Likes Klystron, DrClaude, strangerep and 4 others
  • #5,762
fresh_42 said:
True story: back when my wife and I were just dating I impulse-purchased some carnations in a local supermarket on my way over to her place one day. It was a cold grey day and it was starting to rain - so I was slightly surprised when another guy, wearing a rather wet tshirt and no coat and with a slightly wild-eyed expression, skidded to a stop in front of me and asked where I'd bought the roses. I pointed out that they were carnations and gave him directions to the supermarket. I must admit that "what did he do and how angry is she" was exactly what I was wondering.

Likes DrClaude and davenn
  • #5,763
Ibix said:
True story: back when my wife and I were just dating I impulse-purchased some carnations in a local supermarket on my way over to her place one day. It was a cold grey day and it was starting to rain - so I was slightly surprised when another guy, wearing a rather wet tshirt and no coat and with a slightly wild-eyed expression, skidded to a stop in front of me and asked where I'd bought the roses. I pointed out that they were carnations and gave him directions to the supermarket. I must admit that "what did he do and how angry is she" was exactly what I was wondering.
What amazes me with those stories and the picture above: They work on a global level and everyone (male?!) immediately understands them. No cultural, religious or race distinctions, only a silent agreement which doesn't need any explanation.

Likes davenn
  • #5,764
fresh_42 said:
[...] only a silent agreement which doesn't need any explanation.

Sheldon Cooper's Jamaican Postman said:
Yeah, man - got yer back. Bitches be crazy.

• #5,765
davenn said:
Juneau

It's the French equivalent of Latin Juno, which we in the US pronouce it like June' -o, with accent on the first syllable.

There's a town on Vancouver Island, BC, called Esquimault -- you'd never guess how the Canadians pronounce it...
The word is of French origin, due to the influence of French fur trappers 150 or so years back, but that's no help in knowing how to say this word.

Likes davenn
  • #5,767
At last, a decently awful Geology pun:
What is the highest from of flattery?
A mesa

Likes Klystron, BillTre, davenn and 1 other person
  • #5,768
truckie eparfor yclone.jpg

• Haha
Likes Klystron, strangerep, Steelwolf and 3 others
  • #5,770
"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
"If you forgot, I won't remind you!"

• Haha
Likes OmCheeto, davenn, Ibix and 4 others
  • #5,771
fresh_42 said:
"Do you know why I pulled you over?"
"If you forgot, I won't remind you!"
Sure fire way to get arrested for obstruction of justice.
:H

• #5,772
Q: Why do bees only have a queen?
A: If they had a government, too, they wouldn't have enough honey for the rest.

Likes Ibix
  • #5,773
fresh_42 said:
Q: Why do bees only have a queen?
They have a Sting, too. So possibly The Police.

Likes Klystron, *now*, jack action and 2 others
  • #5,774
Ibix said:
They have a Sting, too. So possibly The Police.
It's getting hot here, and tomorrow will even be hotter, 'cause that one took a while!

• #5,775
1 sec acupuncture treatment.jpg

• Haha
Likes DrClaude, *now*, Ibix and 1 other person