Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
- 20,819
- 28,467
You have to be very careful with drive "I" at the command level. There is a DOS command (Dangerous Operation Set) called AMRIGHT -y which automatically overwrites the FAT (Faulty Argument Trial) in older systems as well as the NTFS (Never Try Female Senses) of the device. It should only be used in -n Never mode, or you have to reformat the disc.Borg said:In my case it's usually found on a different drive - I:\APOLOGIZE
- 20,819
- 28,467
It results in serious consequences if answered at all! One of quite a few lose-lose programs! The rule of thumb is: .COMmunication programs are ok., .EXEcution programs are dangerous.Borg said:This should not be mistaken for the "Does this dress make me look FAT?" query which can result in SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES 9.0 if answered incorrectly.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
Science Advisor
- 3,648
- 10,067
- 13,926
- 16,804
What's the best thing about living in Switzerland?
I dunno, but the flag is a big plus.
I dunno, but the flag is a big plus.
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
I recently joined an ambidextrous group...
It didn’t feel right, so I left.
It didn’t feel right, so I left.
member 656954
So I asked a physics major I know whether he ascribes to Everett's many-worlds interpretation.
"Yes and no," he replied.
"Yes and no," he replied.
- 20,819
- 28,467
Well, actually they do, by ##\sim 9.36\,\%##, at least here.davenn said:
- 20,819
- 28,467
Now that you say it. It's actually ##\sim 118,72 \,\%## since our your sticks are ##2\,m ## long. The one meter sticks are more toys and ad gifts. But we do call them yardsticks, inchsticks to translate exactly.Borg said:I heard that the factory shut down.![]()
- 13,926
- 16,804
...which are longer and why they don't make yardsticks any longer.davenn said:They make metre sticks now![]()
Mentor
- 38,152
- 10,760
I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...mfb said:I recently joined an ambidextrous group...

- 13,926
- 16,804
If I gave my left arm, it would be really hard to falsify my claim that I used to be ambidextrous.Mark44 said:I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous...![]()
Actually, given my normal levels of coordination I think I may be ambisinistrous.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 9,747
- 11,967
HahaBillTre said:
our tour guide gave that saying several times each time we past cyclists on the road as we were traveling through the Canadian Rockies a month ago
Mentor
- 37,544
- 14,425
Shouldn't Germany just be one flag, and the first two images need to be something else?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
2025 Award
- 16,110
- 8,522
Three accountants and three engineers are traveling together by train to a conference.
At the station, each of the accountants buys a ticket, but only one of the engineers does.
Perplexed, the accountants ask, "How are you all going to ride on only one ticket?" The engineers respond, "Wait and see."
The train pulls in. The engineers immediately cram into a restroom together.
After the train leaves, the conductor comes by, knocks on the restroom door, and says "Ticket, please." The door opens a crack, and one arm reaches out with the ticket. The conductor takes it and goes on his way.
The accountants agree that this is a neat trick, and resolve to try it on the return trip.
At the beginning of the return trip, one of the accountants buys a ticket, but none of the engineers do.
Perplexed, the accountants ask, "How are you all going to ride without any ticket?" The engineers respond, "Wait and see."
The train pulls in. The accountants immediately cram into one restroom together, and the engineers cram into another one.
After the train leaves, one of the engineers emerges from their restroom, darts over to the accountants' restroom, knocks on the door, and says "Ticket, please."
At the station, each of the accountants buys a ticket, but only one of the engineers does.
Perplexed, the accountants ask, "How are you all going to ride on only one ticket?" The engineers respond, "Wait and see."
The train pulls in. The engineers immediately cram into a restroom together.
After the train leaves, the conductor comes by, knocks on the restroom door, and says "Ticket, please." The door opens a crack, and one arm reaches out with the ticket. The conductor takes it and goes on his way.
The accountants agree that this is a neat trick, and resolve to try it on the return trip.
At the beginning of the return trip, one of the accountants buys a ticket, but none of the engineers do.
Perplexed, the accountants ask, "How are you all going to ride without any ticket?" The engineers respond, "Wait and see."
The train pulls in. The accountants immediately cram into one restroom together, and the engineers cram into another one.
After the train leaves, one of the engineers emerges from their restroom, darts over to the accountants' restroom, knocks on the door, and says "Ticket, please."
Last edited:
- 13,926
- 16,804
Indeed. The trick seems like social engineering.Borg said:I guess they weren't accounting for that possibility.![]()

Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8


