Collection of Lame Jokes

Perhaps it's also got a minute hand that's too minute to see?
But... the second hand is showing the minutes! The third hand is showing the seconds.
I will admit to being disappointed with Dollar Stores too, talk about misrepresentation in advertising.
Quite possible that you can buy a dollar there if you ask nicely - for a dollar plus tax.

Steelwolf

Gold Member
Which reminds me of how My Dad taught me the verse:
Thirty Days Hath September, April, June and My Uncle,
All the Rest got Thirty One,
Except for Granddad who got ninety down at County!

The note from the teacher was Precious!

fresh_42

Mentor
Insights Author
2018 Award
A friend has just told me that he has been studying Spanish for the past 10 weeks because he is flying to Brazil at the end of the year.

Okay, who will tell him?

A friend has just told me that he has been studying Spanish for the past 10 weeks because he is flying to Brazil at the end of the year.

Okay, who will tell him?
The languages are so similar that people can understand each other if they know exclusively Spanish/Portuguese. A bit of Spanish might work better than good English once you go away from the main tourist attractions in Brazil. If you learn something only for Brazil then learning Portuguese makes much more sense, of course.

256bits

Gold Member
the 5th is named August
The 6th is named July
The seventh is named Stacey

Oh , ............. it's 4 daughters and only 4 daughters.

256bits

Gold Member
It has been determined that 7 is an odd number.
I conjecture that seven can be made even.

Steelwolf

Gold Member
@mfb concerning above. (sorry fer the long lead, the last line is the joke portion of this comment, reckon Shaggy Dogs can show up anywhere!) Even Tagolog, in the PI, which has Spanish roots, I was able to get along decent in as I had had 3 years of Spanish through highschool myself. The folks in the Philippines were very surprised that I was able to follow their conversation in Tagalog, even though I could not speak it, I understood enough of the roots to get the basic jist, and then learned some of the more specific words in the area.

I have met the same with Portuguese and Italian both, as well as being able to hear much of the same in French, although it is easier to read the language for me than to try to speak it due to the similarities in the language roots.

Growing up in Tacoma WA, with it's very much multicultural, poor-middle class way of mixing and interacting, we had the multiple First Nations tribes there, in fact I grew up with several of the Puyallup and Nisqually Tribes, in specific, as well as the Vietnamese and Thai Boat People waves we had come in. There were always various crops or farms with work, so there were often Hispanic speakers around, as well as Chinese, Japanese and Koreans whom had been brought in to build the railroads and infrastructure, and Russians who had a historic presence there having come across the Bering Strait. So I was lucky to grow up in a situation where because we were all poor, even though of different cultures etc, we were all Americans NOW, and we all helped each other a lot, so the cross culturalism then was important to the building of it's character now.

<political dig removed by mentor>

I think this Joke Thread just died due to political interference by the Moderators.

Last edited:

Steelwolf

Gold Member
@fresh_42 : And when the Lions overheard that from the Elephants they just roared; and the Hyenas are still laughing themselves silly!. Of course, some of the Rescued Family and Friends of Noah had been thinking it was going to be a Three Hour Cruise!

Posits an interesting question though: Is the Biblical Tale of Noah's Ark a cautionary tale on climate change? (the Sumerian Cuneiform tablet library version(s) are extremely interesting in that regard as well)

fresh_42

Mentor
Insights Author
2018 Award
Posits an interesting question though: Is the Biblical Tale of Noah's Ark a cautionary tale on climate change? (the Sumerian Cuneiform tablet library version(s) are extremely interesting in that regard as well)
I tend to believe it was Santorini.

Wrichik Basu

Gold Member
2018 Award
Principal: I tried your father's number so many times, but it says “Switched off”.

Student: Yes, that is his caller tune.

Steelwolf

Gold Member
@fresh_42 , Watch, some joker will find a way to preserve it on film and call it Cannes Whirled Peas