Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
The Pointer Sisters...
​

The other pointer sisters

1608174274852.png
 
I felt someone was looking at me during my last trip:

main-qimg-678699d9b94998487e03749044c726df.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: davenn, Klystron, Fervent Freyja and 2 others
WWGD said:
I felt someone was looking at me during my last trip:
Is this a real picture? The Sun would have to be close to the horizon but the shadows suggest a much steeper angle. It also doesn't look like it was taken from the extreme distance you need to make the Moon that large in the image (well above 1 km).
 
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: davenn and Fervent Freyja
mfb said:
Is this a real picture? The Sun would have to be close to the horizon but the shadows suggest a much steeper angle. It also doesn't look like it was taken from the extreme distance you need to make the Moon that large in the image (well above 1 km).

I was asking myself the same thing. That photo doesn't have any obvious tell-tail signs of perspective inconsistencies like so many other moon photos you see photoshoped, on the Internet. Yes, the sun would have to be close to the horizon, but that's not so unusual with a gibbous moon. So I was staring at that photo for about 5 minutes, searching for some sort of flaw, but I couldn't find one. It turns out it's real.
https://www.newsbreak.com/arizona/phoenix/news/2115020073501/full-moon-photo-looks-like-mysterious-giant-eye-through-rock-arch-in-utah
 
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary
mfb said:
Is this a real picture? The Sun would have to be close to the horizon but the shadows suggest a much steeper angle. It also doesn't look like it was taken from the extreme distance you need to make the Moon that large in the image (well above 1 km).
No clue. I suspend critical thinking for lame jokes-related matter. I do enough of it the remainder of the day.
 
collinsmark said:
It turns out it's real.
I wonder if he has plans for Jupiter and Saturn on Monday!
 
collinsmark said:
It turns out it's real.
https://www.newsbreak.com/arizona/phoenix/news/2115020073501/full-moon-photo-looks-like-mysterious-giant-eye-through-rock-arch-in-utah
That's a different picture. The Moon is smaller there, too.

My analysis was right. It's a double exposure. Moon and arch were pictured separately and combined.
 
mfb said:
That's a different picture. The Moon is smaller there, too.

My analysis was right. It's a double exposure. Moon and arch were pictured separately and combined.
Both shots (at least of the arch) were taken within a short time of each other. They have the same people in it, but all rearranged. The one in the linked article was taken first (assuming near dusk) with the sun still high enough to throw hard shadows from the shrubbery, and from about 60% closer by the arch than the subsequent shot posted in the forum where the only good shadows are in the rocks, especially above the eye.

The guy must have really needed to haul butt to get from one shot to the next, moving away, to the side, and downward. If straight back, moving downward would have put the hill that he took the first from between himself and the target. I assume these are not drone shots which would be another solution to getting to just the right place multiple times. He might have had his family help take the shots from multiple vantage points.

I'm willing to be convinced both shots are legit. The article makes no mention of the guy dashing to a second location or having a 2nd camera. He said he did about 250 shots, only a few during the 20 seconds the moon was properly aligned. No mention of moving and setting up to take the 2nd shot. So I'm willing to be talked out of my assessment.
 
Why should you never pick a fight with Santa Claus?

Because he has a black belt.
 
  • Wow
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Fervent Freyja and Keith_McClary
An angry guard on the entrance to the bathroom:
main-qimg-5c1093255e9cca87c96cae0d9e72fa5d.jpeg
 
Oh, snap!
CDCCC8EC-D5E8-4E6C-9131-2BB74EF21F4D.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Skeptical
Likes   Reactions: Stavros Kiri, Ibix, Ivan Seeking and 2 others
3F823A44-E00C-4FC4-AD40-14482D803264.jpeg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, Filip Larsen, Stavros Kiri and 10 others
Halc said:
I'm willing to be convinced both shots are legit.
The photographer said it's a double exposure in the link I posted. If that's not sufficient to convince you it's a double exposure, then I don't know what will.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Keith_McClary, phinds and Fervent Freyja