Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
I have to quit my job because I'm not strong enough.

I gave my boss my too weak notice.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, Ivan Seeking, BillTre and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
A lot of jokes about billionaires in space right now. So far, this one is my favorite:

space-travel.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: 256bits, davenn, DennisN and 3 others
I had a rough day at school, and then somebody went and ripped the front and back pages from my dictionary.
It just goes from bad to worse.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: dextercioby, jack action, Wrichik Basu and 7 others
My tough father the day of my sixth birthday:
" When I was your age...I was seven! ".
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking, jack action, Keith_McClary and 1 other person
davenn said:
I had a rough day at school, and then somebody went and ripped the front and back pages from my dictionary.
It just goes from bad to worse.
Somebody went and ripped all the pages from my dictionary.

I was lost for words.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking, jack action, Wrichik Basu and 3 others
DrGreg said:
Somebody went and ripped all the pages from my dictionary.

I was lost for words.
I had the opposite problem. Guy threw a thesaurus at me. I was appalled, dazed, disconcerted, dumbfounded, floored, gobsmacked, overwhelmed,startled, stunned stupefied, surprised, taken aback, upset, amazed, astonished, shocked, staggered ...
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, jack action, WWGD and 2 others
Ivan Seeking said:
The new Femiclear commercial cracks me up.
Because it allegedly doesn't contain chemicals and is therefore presumably 100% bovine-sourced fertiliser?
 
Ibix said:
Because it allegedly doesn't contain chemicals and is therefore presumably 100% bovine-sourced fertiliser?
No but you have two guesses left.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
It is also the first commercial that comes to mind that seeks to destigmatize the "Hooha"
There was this gymnast with last name Hyman. They named her Misty Hyman. Maybe not a good choice for first name given the last name.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn and Ivan Seeking
My wife ran away with the man next door.

I do miss him.

 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: davenn, jack action, BillTre and 1 other person
WWGD said:
There was this gymnast with last name Hyman. They named her Misty Hyman. Maybe not a good choice for first name given the last name.
My ex worked with a gynecologist name Hyman.

And many many years ago, I worked with a guy name Harry Dong.
 
Ivan Seeking said:
My ex worked with a gynecologist name Hyman.

And many many years ago, I worked with a guy name Harry Dong.
I heard of a theory that names somehow shape the subconscious into certain careers. So there are dentists with first name Dennis, and so on.
 
WWGD said:
I heard of a theory that names somehow shape the subconscious into certain careers. So there are dentists with first name Dennis, and so on.
I never bothered researching the history of computing, so - devoid of contradictory context - I thought "Grace Hopper" was an inside pun referring to "gracing" a card reader's input-hopper with a deck of punch cards.

It's hilarious now.
 
Last edited:
hmmm27 said:
I never bothered researching the history of computing, so - devoid of competing context - I thought "Grace Hopper" was an inside pun referring to "gracing" a card reader's input-hopper with a deck of punch cards.

It's hilarious now.
There's this big deal guy in database : Grant Fritchey. And IT guys with first names like " Dev and Wotek. Yes, these are not purely random and representative but it seems a good case may be made.