Collection of Lame Jokes
- Thread starter quddusaliquddus
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,340 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
DaveC426913
Gold Member
2025 Award
- 24,697
- 9,101
*sigh* It took me longer than I'm proud of to get this.WWGD said:
- 20,819
- 28,467
Our Ford joke is less nasty. But it plays with words, hence cannot be translated.Borg said:You know what FORD stands for right?
Fix Or Repair DailyFound On Road Dead
- 20,819
- 28,467
I did not believe that FORD was so bad, at least over here. So I checked the statistics of our largest automobile association ...
Source: https://www.adac.de/rund-ums-fahrzeug/unfall-schaden-panne/adac-pannenstatistik/
Source: https://www.adac.de/rund-ums-fahrzeug/unfall-schaden-panne/adac-pannenstatistik/
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
- 20,819
- 28,467
I had a Ford Fiesta during university and can't complain. At 100 mph it started to rattle, but otherwise, it was ok.WWGD said:But basically Nein Fahrvernugen.
DennisN
Gold Member
- 2,197
- 10,329
Three more:
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
What do the numbers measure/stand for?fresh_42 said:I did not believe that FORD was so bad, at least over here. So I checked the statistics of our largest automobile association ...
View attachment 301303
Source: https://www.adac.de/rund-ums-fahrzeug/unfall-schaden-panne/adac-pannenstatistik/
- 20,819
- 28,467
Number of breakdowns in 2022 per 1,000 registered cars. The year denotes the first registration year.WWGD said:What do the numbers measure/stand for?
Admin
- 69,789
- 25,638
Sheesh! Didn't you read his link?WWGD said:What do the numbers measure/stand for?
In der Pannenstatistik-Tabelle finden Sie alle gewerteten Modellreihen, alphabetisch sortiert und in Fahrzeugklassen eingeteilt. Hinweis: Wenn Sie auf einen der Umschaltpfeile am Kopf der Tabelle klicken, bekommen Sie die jeweils nächste Fahrzeugklasse angezeigt. Die Bewertung der Pannenhäufigkeit folgt dem Farbschema Dunkelgrün (= sehr niedrig ) bis Rot (= sehr hoch).
- 20,819
- 28,467
Chrome plus right-click "Translate to English" works fine!berkeman said:Sheesh! Didn't you read his link?
![]()
- 20,819
- 28,467
It probably won't win a prize for eloquent expressions, but it is not bad. And the more formulas and numbers a page has, the better the translation. I sometimes use it in case I find a German Wikipedia page better than the English version since I'm usually too lazy to translate it. It delivers 90% of the work and I only have to correct the mistakes. It multiplies the number of available pages enormously. But I admit that German and English are not that different, so the results are normally good enough.berkeman said:TIL !![]()
- 20,819
- 28,467
Yes, I have a similar suspicion.berkeman said:It's interesting that Firefox does not have such a convenient mechanism, but I guess since Chrome and Google Translate are related by <a large corporation named for a large number>, it makes sense to have that level of integration.
I don't like the memory management in FF. Chrome splits into various threads whereas FF piles up in one. I hate to say it, but big <insert a company or branch of your choice> isn't automatically evil.
Mentor
- 37,545
- 14,425
Why have I never heard of "Für Ossis reicht das" before?fresh_42 said:Our Ford joke is less nasty. But it plays with words, hence cannot be translated.
("Good enough for people in/from East Germany", although the translation loses some of the meaning)
- 20,819
- 28,467
Mine goes:mfb said:Why have I never heard of "Für Ossis reicht das" before?
("Good enough for people in/from East Germany", although the translation loses some of the meaning)
"What is the oldest car in the world?"
"A Ford. In der Bibel steht, Adam und Eva trieben es in einem Ford."
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 30,594
- 7,548
A chance to look up old friends?jack action said:
Science Advisor
- 1,398
- 1,164
Middle ages. Two fortresses are fighting each other. The first one shoots a cannonball. The second one shoots. The first one shoots. The fighting stops. The second fortress sends a negotiator to ask: why have we stopped fighting? The first one answers: you have got the cannonball.
Homework Helper
Gold Member
- 2,843
- 2,566
Patient: I have terrible wind doctor. It’s very uncomfortable. Fortunately it is odourless. And when I break-wind it is silent. In fact it’s happening now.
Doctor: Try this [writes prescription].
One week later…
Patient: That medicine for my wind was terrible doctor. I still have wind but now it smells absolutely dreadful.
Doctor: Ah, good. That’s your sense of smell sorted. Let’s see what we can do about the deafness.
Doctor: Try this [writes prescription].
One week later…
Patient: That medicine for my wind was terrible doctor. I still have wind but now it smells absolutely dreadful.
Doctor: Ah, good. That’s your sense of smell sorted. Let’s see what we can do about the deafness.
David Lewis
- 847
- 259
A Piranha can devour a small child in 30 seconds!
Anyways, I lost my job at SeaWorld today...
Anyways, I lost my job at SeaWorld today...
David Lewis
- 847
- 259
An inebriated gentleman runs up to a policeman: “Officer, you got to help me. Somebody stole my car!”
“OK, sir, where did you have your car last?”
(Holding up ignition key) “Right here on the end of this key!”
“Alright,” smiled the cop, “Let’s go down to the station and report it. And before we go, please zip up your zipper.”
The drunk looks down and says, “Oh, my God. Somebody stole my girlfriend too.”
“OK, sir, where did you have your car last?”
(Holding up ignition key) “Right here on the end of this key!”
“Alright,” smiled the cop, “Let’s go down to the station and report it. And before we go, please zip up your zipper.”
The drunk looks down and says, “Oh, my God. Somebody stole my girlfriend too.”
David Lewis
- 847
- 259
Running low on cash, I went into Mini Mart and said, "I'd like $5 on pump number one."
The clerk said, "Where are you going? Pump number two?"
The clerk said, "Where are you going? Pump number two?"
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
- 7,908
- 13,226
I hear there's a website that will help you find your doppelganger(s) if you input your pic.artis said:Vin Diesel or as I call him "biofuel" seems to have a look a like living in Thailand
View attachment 300634https://mothership.sg/2022/02/vin-diesel-lookalike-thailand/
I can't wait to see the "2 Fast & 2 Jinping - drifting in Beijing" edition
Similar threads
- DennisN
- · Replies 17 ·
- Science Fiction and Fantasy Media
- Replies
- 17
- BillTre
- · Replies 4 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 4
- jedishrfu
- · Replies 2 ·
- General Math
- Replies
- 2
- BadgerBadger92
- · Replies 1 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 1
- Sciencemaster
- · Replies 33 ·
- Linear and Abstract Algebra
- Replies
- 33
- jtbell
- · Replies 188 ·
- Feedback and Announcements
- Replies
- 188
- smart_worker
- · Replies 7 ·
- AI and Computer Science
- Replies
- 7
- psie
- · Replies 3 ·
- Topology and Analysis
- Replies
- 3
- JT Smith
- · Replies 12 ·
- Quantum Physics
- Replies
- 12
- russellsh2
- · Replies 8 ·
- Mechanical Engineering
- Replies
- 8