Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,336 replies · 3M views
I asked my German friend if he knew the square root of 81.

He said no.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, edwardII, collinsmark and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
her-diary.jpg
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Wrichik Basu, davenn, berkeman and 1 other person
jack action said:
How do non-binary people kill other people?

They/Them

They-slash-them
With a Hex {adecimal}
 
I decided to eat healthy this morning so I didn't eat any bacon with my milk and eggs. I made an omelet by adding some flour, a bit of brownie mix, and a little sugar. Here's what I ate.

1717946498244.png
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: nuuskur, edwardII and gmax137
jtbell said:
Should have hired one who was Finnish.
They were getting a Lapp dance.
 
To the person who invented zero: Thanks for nothing.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, jack action and fresh_42
WWGD said:
To the person who invented zero: Thanks for nothing.
I consider it a highlight in human history. The first time someone had the idea to name something that wasn't there. Brilliant! The downside of this thought is, that I bet it was an accountant.
 
fresh_42 said:
The first time someone had the idea to name something that wasn't there.
Isn't that what nothing does?
 
BillTre said:
Isn't that what nothing does?
Yes, but that man wasn't British who said no-thing. It was an Indian long, long before the British built concentration camps in India. Google says that he said कुछ नहीं.
 
BillTre said:
Isn't that what nothing does?
Nothing does it like zero.
 
gmax137 said:
Nothing does it like zero.
And then there is the American variant that takes it literally:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-ignition!

Whatever has been there has been ignited and is gone now.
(No idea whether the Russians had a countdown in the sixties.)
 
fresh_42 said:
The first time someone had the idea to name something that wasn't there
Harvey? Is that you?
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre, Bystander and gmax137
fresh_42 said:
The downside of this thought is, that I bet it was an accountant.
I thought accountancy was based on the surreal number system.
 
DrGreg said:
I thought accountancy was based on the surreal number system.
Depends on whether or not they are honest. If not, then it's based on the imaginary number system.
 
BillTre said:
Isn't that what nothing does?
Not quite. Nothing really matters...to me.*

* Anyway the wind blows.
 
fresh_42 said:
And then there is the American variant that takes it literally:

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1-ignition!
Is this the case? When Apollo XI lifted off, there was a zero, and ignition is at t - 5 seconds.