Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
fresh_42 said:
Maybe "rather".
We could rewrite the original list of employee names:

Arthur - our best tech writer (author).
Bob - makes great fishing lures
Crystal -- very fragile.
Mary - always planning weddings.
Norm - an average employee.
...
 
Ibix said:
Arthur -> Arfur -> 'alf a -> half a
Arthur -> Art her -> Mona Lisa -> half a smile
 
Klystron said:
We could rewrite the original list of employee names:

Arthur - our best tech writer (author).
Bob - makes great fishing lures
Crystal -- very fragile.
Mary - always planning weddings.
Norm - an average employee.
...
" He's such great cook, everyone calls him Alberto". Let's do a social experiment to repeat, spread these around see if they stick in the long run.
 
Klystron said:
We could rewrite the original list of employee names:

Arthur - our best tech writer (author).
Bob - makes great fishing lures
Crystal -- very fragile.
Mary - always planning weddings.
Norm - an average employee.
...
How about completing the alphabet?

Duck - cannot be found
Elliot - el idiot
Frank - has nothing to do
German - too accurate
Hank - picks up the phone and leaves
Ivan - does terrible jobs
John - nobody knows him
Kevin - always complains about the temperature
Lavender - smells good
...
...
Oscar - trashy desk
Pat - comes with his dog
Quentin - his work cannot be measured
Ralph - disgusting
Samson - our strongest employee
Tom - sounds like a drum
... <I need more time for the rest>
 
  • Like
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and Klystron
fresh_42 said:
How about completing the alphabet?

Duck - cannot be found
Elliot - el idiot
Frank - has nothing to do
German - too accurate
Hank - picks up the phone and leaves
Ivan - does terrible jobs
John - nobody knows him
Kevin - always complains about the temperature
Lavender - smells good
...
...
Oscar - trashy desk
Pat - comes with his dog
Quentin - his work cannot be measured
Ralph - disgusting
Samson - our strongest employee
Tom - sounds like a drum
... <I need more time for the rest>
Urban - very citified
Victor/Victoria - Employee of the Month
Wolfram - hard as steel
Xi - too exotic
Yetl -- too argumentative
Zed - always last on every list
 
Klystron said:
Urban - very citified
Victor/Victoria - Employee of the Month
Wolfram - hard as steel
Xi - too exotic
Yetl -- too argumentative
Zed - always last on every list
Del/Nabla-Deriving anything he runs into.
 
WWGD said:
I have a yen for Japanese food.
Guess it won't buy me much.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and phinds
WWGD said:
I have a yen for Japanese food.
So, you've soured on that all citrus diet?
 
WWGD said:
I have a yen for Japanese food.
I have a hankering for Hungarian food. But 10 minutes later I'm hungry again. :confused:
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and fresh_42
Klystron said:
I have a hankering for Hungarian food. But 10 minutes later I'm hungry again. :confused:
To the waiter: " I just came back from Budapest".
" Hung(a)ry ?"
" Yes, please give me today's special."
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and Klystron
Klystron said:
I have a hankering for Hungarian food. But 10 minutes later I'm hungry again. :confused:
I will never understand why an entire stated demands to be taxed.
 
1742835726394.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: collinsmark, gmax137, davenn and 3 others
dextercioby said:
I often wonder, other than obvious traits like color of the dog , Edit: size/weight, and breed, how can you tell two dogs appart? They all look the same to me.
 
Last edited:
WWGD said:
I often wonder, other than obvious traits like color of the dog , Edit: size/weight, and breed, how can you tell two dogs appart? They all look the same to me.
Yes, must be Matt's mutt.

Have you been in a foreign land without much fancy dog breeding? I ask because the dog in the above picture reminds of a "basic" or natural mutt common throughout rural Asia and Middle East. They are commonly colored yellow, brown and white with medium build.
 
Klystron said:
Yes, must be Matt's mutt.

Have you been in a foreign land without much fancy dog breeding? I ask because the dog in the above picture reminds of a "basic" or natural mutt common throughout rural Asia and Middle East. They are commonly colored yellow, brown and white with medium build.
Well, tbf, I also have the unfortunate trait of having trouble remembering human faces. So not sure.
 
  • Wow
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: Klystron and BillTre
WWGD said:
Well, tbf, I also have the unfortunate trait of having trouble remembering human faces. So not sure.
I have the opposite problem - an excellent memory for everything except names. Every so often I bump into a colleague I haven't seen for years. I recognise them and I can usually remember where I worked with them enough to have a casual conversation in the corridor, but can I remember their names...? The number of times I've ended up finishing the conversation with "good to see you... er... mate" is getting embarrassing.

I usually recall their names about half an hour later.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, WWGD and BillTre
Ibix said:
I have the opposite problem - an excellent memory for everything except names. Every so often I bump into a colleague I haven't seen for years. I recognise them and I can usually remember where I worked with them enough to have a casual conversation in the corridor, but can I remember their names...? The number of times I've ended up finishing the conversation with "good to see you... er... mate" is getting embarrassing.

I usually recall their names about half an hour later.
I feel your pain, ..., er, Apex was it?
 
WWGD said:
Well, tbf, I also have the unfortunate trait of having trouble remembering human faces. So not sure.
Do not despair. After a head injury in 2000 my brain "recognized" almost every passing face, making walking through an airport quite interesting. This passed after a few months. Forgetting names persists but that is relatively common.

I try to look on the bright side. Everybody looked like a friend.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: edwardII, fresh_42, BillTre and 1 other person
Meanwhile, in an alternative universe, on another world.

Most recent guidelines:
1. All sleep must be 8 hours straight. No more 8 hours gay.
2. Seeing the rise in measle cases, and possible bird flu crossover, it is recommended that you and in your family receive a third leach booster.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42, Borg and BillTre
Klystron said:
Zed - always last on every list

Oh, but Zed's dead baby... Zed's dead...
 
Klystron said:
Do not despair. After a head injury in 2000 my brain "recognized" almost every passing face, making walking through an airport quite interesting. This passed after a few months. Forgetting names persists but that is relatively common.

I try to look on the bright side. Everybody looked like a friend.
Strangely, though, I do remember all sorts of other minutia with little if any problem. Just not faces.