Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
  • Like
  • Informative
Likes   Reactions: fresh_42 and WWGD
Physics news on Phys.org
Arjan82 said:
Oh, but Zed's dead baby... Zed's dead...
"Ving Rames," the only reason to deliberately name a male child "Irving" rather than "Sue."
 
Klystron said:
After a head injury in 2000 my brain "recognized" almost every passing face, making walking through an airport quite interesting.
"Interesting" as in the (alleged) Chinese curse "may you live in interesting times", I take it. That must have been an extremely strange sensation.
 
Bystander said:
"Ving Rames," the only reason to deliberately name a male child "Irving" rather than "Sue."
"A boy named Sue"? One of my favourites from Johnny Cash.
 
pngtree-cliff-mountain-background-image_365352.png
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD and BillTre
Ibix said:
I recognise them and I can usually remember where I worked with them enough to have a casual conversation in the corridor, but can I remember their names...?
It happened to me yesterday in a restaurant. As I was walking to my table, a guy at a nearby table waved at me and smiled. His face looked familiar but I couldn't remember the name, so I just waved and smiled back. This is a popular place in a small town, so it's common to see people that you know or sort of know.
 
jtbell said:
Or a bicycle.
yup, that is the other common one

I think the worse part is that you have a machine asking humans to prove that they are not a machine !!
 
Last edited:
davenn said:
yup, that is the other common one

I think the worse part is that you have a machine asking humans to prove that they are not a machine !!
There's a video somewhere of a robot arm using a touchscreen pen to complete one of those checks, complete with pen drop at the end.
 
jack action said:
A couple of cows were smoking a joint and playing cards.

That's right. The steaks were pretty high.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Borg, topsquark, Ibix and 1 other person

Goetheborg.​



hKSDVgaq7UFsaI8lo&_nc_zt=23&_nc_ht=scontent-dus1-1.jpg



Ok, it's primarily a joke for those who can pronounce oe=ö correctly and know the real name of Gothenburg.
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, jtbell, Borg and 1 other person
fresh_42 said:
Ok, it's primarily a joke for those who can pronounce oe=ö correctly and know the real name of Gothenburg.
ö sounds like the oo in book, right?
 
DaveC426913 said:
ö sounds like the oo in book, right?
Er... (not quite that, either, but it's as close as most Anglophone-only types are likely to get.)