Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
main-qimg-3b879145909039542f85718a15a35dc5.png
 
WWGD said:
Babe I am Broke. [...]
Reminds me of an ancient Dave Allen joke...

A guy's car has broken down by the side of the road. The guy is bending over looking down into the engine bay trying to figure out what's wrong.

A drunk staggers up alongside him and peers over his shoulder at the engine.

Drunk: [with slurred speech]: "Eh! Waz za matter?"

Guy: Piston broke.

Drunk: ... Sho am I !
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, davenn and WWGD
Ivan Seeking said:
German humor:

Did anyone see Das Boot. I love the ending! Classic German Irony.

Not lame humor but one of my favorites.
Which one: the movie with subtitles, the movie with voicover, or the remake?
 
shjacks45 said:
Which one: the movie with subtitles, the movie with voicover, or the remake?
Um, Ivan is unlikely to answer your query. The post you quoted is from 2004, and Ivan was "last seen" at PF in 2016.
 
Favorite bumper stickers:

I will never sell out
unless I get a lot of money for it

You can pick your nose
and you can pick your friends
but you can't wipe your friends on the couch

When life gives you lemons
just shut up and eat your lemons
and leave me out of it

Always follow your dreams
except for the one where you
are at school in your underwear

​
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: WWGD, Fervent Freyja, strangerep and 1 other person
Ibix said:
Past, Present, and Future ended up in a Mexican stand-off. It was a tense situation.
And the survivor was sentenced.
 
For those older U.S.A. folks among us:

In order for these Q's and A's from The Hollywood Squares to be funny, you have to be able to bring to mind Paul Lynde's on-screen persona and idiosyncratic style. If you DO remember him well, this should be a fun read. If you don't then I can only add that Mel Brooks once described Lynde as being capable of getting laughs by "reading a phone book, tornado alert, or seed catalogue" and I believe it, but you have to have seen him to appreciate it.

Q: "The Great White" is one of the world's more feared animals. What is it?
Lynde: A sheriff in Alabama.

Q: What are "dual purpose" cattle good for that other cattle aren't?
Lynde: They give both milk AND cookies, but I don't recommend the cookies.

Q: What is the most abused and neglected part of your body
Lynde: Might be abused but it's not neglected

Q: If you were pregnant for two years, what would you give birth to?
Lynde: I don't know, but it would never be afraid of the dark.

Q: Can you get an elephant drunk?
Lynde: Sure, but he still won't come up to your apartment.

Q: Do female frogs croak?
Lynde: They do if you hold their little heads under water long enough.

Q: If the right part were to come along, do you think George C. Scott would ever do a nude scene?
Lynde: You mean he doesn't HAVE the right part?

Q: Burt Reynolds was recently quoted as saying that Dinah Shore is in top form and he's never seen anyone so energetically throw herself into a ... what?
Lynde: Headboard.

Q: Is it normal for Norwegians to talk to trees?
Lynde: Yes, as long as that's as far as it goes.

Q: Who would stay pregnant longer, your wife or your elephant?
Lynde: Who told you about my elephant?

I remember Lynde well, and that last one just kills me.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, Borg, DrClaude and 5 others
Ibix said:
Past, Present, and Future ended up in a Mexican stand-off. It was a tense situation.
Perfect.
 
A 6 year old and a 4 year old are raking the yard.
The 6 year old asks, "You know what? I think it's about time we started learning to cuss."The 4 year old nods his head in approval.
The 6 year old continues,"When we go in for breakfast, I'm going to say something with hell and you say something with ass."
The 4 year old agrees with enthusiasm.
When the mother walks into the kitchen and asks the 6 year old what he wants for breakfast, he replies, "Aw, hell, Mom, I guess I'll have some Cheerios.
WHACK!
He flies out of his chair, tumbles across the kitchen floor, gets up,and runs upstairs crying his eyes out, with his mother in hot pursuit,slapping his rear with every step.
His mom locks him in his room and shouts, "You can stay there until I let you out!"
She then comes back downstairs, looks at the 4 year old and asks with a stern voice, "And what do YOU want for breakfast, young man?"
"I don't know," he blubbers, "but you can bet your fat ass it won't be Cheerios!"
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Klystron, davenn, strangerep and 4 others
My wife said she'd like some peace and quiet while she cooks dinner tonight...
so I've taken the batteries out of the smoke alarm...
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: Ivan Seeking, Filip Larsen, 256bits and 7 others
@Keith_McClary I think there is a new Doonesbury on Sundays (facebook and websites), but the rest are reruns.
Bloom County is also available on facebook and websites, at what seem like irregular intervals
Calvin and Hobbs is no longer made, but other cartoonists lampoon it frequenty in their own strips.
 
Watching Fauci trying to find the right language is painful.

~ What we don't want to see is a surge on top of a surge within a surge while wrapping a surge around a surge...

He should just say "STAY AT HOME!"

He is noticeably frustrated. He has all but begged people to stay home.
 
It's nice to sit on that chair, but at some points you have to draw the line.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: jim mcnamara, Wrichik Basu, Keith_McClary and 1 other person