Collection of Lame Jokes

  • Thread starter Thread starter quddusaliquddus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Jokes
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Ask a follow-up in this thread, or start your own.
24,333 replies · 3M views
Physics news on Phys.org
pinball1970 said:
Do you have different experience? If you have a positive experience then please share.
Well, there's this one person I know who uses it sometimes, and by my humble judgement he's rather mature, intelligent, and generally funny. Also rather quite handsome. And good with children. And humble, too. Hates explaining his jokes, though.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: phinds, Wrichik Basu and pinball1970
Bandersnatch said:
Well, there's this one person I know who uses it sometimes, and by my humble judgement he's rather mature, intelligent, and generally funny. Also rather quite handsome. And good with children. And humble, too. Hates explaining his jokes, though.
QED
 
Bandersnatch said:
Well, there's this one person I know who uses it sometimes, and by my humble judgement he's rather mature, intelligent, and generally funny. Also rather quite handsome. And good with children. And humble, too. Hates explaining his jokes, though.

QEE

A quick reminder:
Greg Bernhardt said:
When posting a new topic do not use the CAPS lock (all-CAPS), bold, oversized, non-standard, or brightly colored fonts, or any combination thereof.
 
  • Sad
Likes   Reactions: Bandersnatch
fresh_42 said:
QEE

A quick reminder:
Apologies I was trying to be pithy.

Quod erat demonstradum.
 
pinball1970 said:
QEE?
Quod erat expectandum.


1657820980270.png

(lIchopbe'chugh bommey DIlIjbe'mo' - Changing fonts is not funny.)
 
Last edited:
fresh_42 said:
Quod erat expectandum.


View attachment 304178

( lIchopbe'chugh bommey DIlIjbe'mo' - Changing fonts is not funny.)
Numbers? This is what happens when you stick a pithy Latin phrase in front of a mathematician.
I was going for the, Quidquid latine dictum, altum videtur concept.
 
DennisN said:
I just read another page about disliked fonts (linked to from the first font page I posted above), and I laughed when I read this quote about the font "Curlz MT":

"Curlz MT is not a font; it's a cry for help."

:)

From: The 7 worst fonts
https://lmnop.blogs.com/lauren/2006/10/americas_most_f.html
America's most fronted. Probably the best named website after? I don't know. I'm in awe.
Please take note of enemy number one. @Bandersnatch
 
  • Love
Likes   Reactions: Bandersnatch
pinball1970 said:
Numbers? This is what happens when you stick a pithy Latin phrase in front of a mathematician.
I was going for the, Quidquid latine dictum, altum videtur concept.
That's why I said changing fonts is not funny on Klingon!
 
fresh_42 said:
That's why I said changing fonts is not funny on Klingon!
Oh dash it!
How many times have I been made to look like an idiot because of Klingon?
I feel like a fool. Again.
 
For the record, I personally don't dislike those fonts as much as they are described on the pages I posted. I just think some quotes are funny. :smile:
 
Ok, I also installed Klingon fonts once.
[/QUOTE]
Your English is better than my German and my Hungarian is a lot worse than I thought it was.
My Klingon? I would rather move on from that.
 
The story I read about Klingon is that the language was created for Star Trek VI, consistent with bits and pieces that had been spoken before. Just for laughs, the guy who created it gave it no verb "to be", wrote a dictionary, and went to see Nick Meyer, the director. Star Trek VI, you may recall, is the one with the Klingons who love Shakespeare - so the first thing Meyer asks is "how do you say 'to be, or not to be' In Klingon?"
 
  • Informative
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: BillTre and pinball1970
She might not be so happy if she knew what was going on below deck.

machine_learning_joke.jpg
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Ibix, Jodo and DennisN

Accordion to a scientific study released by the Department of Psychology at the University of British Columbia,​

most people will not immediately notice if one of the words in a sentence has been replaced with a musical instrument until they've read more than three quarters of the way through it.
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, Borg, DennisN and 1 other person
Jodo said:
most people will not immediately notice if one of the words in a sentence has been replaced with a musical instrument until they've read more than three quarters of the way through it.
When I listen, I do not immediately notice the beeps that hide the emphasis, or most interesting parts of speech.
But if I said that you had violin well get that job done; would you notice.
 
  • Haha
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970 and DennisN
FB_IMG_16578644125882268.jpg
 
  • Haha
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: strangerep, pinball1970, Bystander and 1 other person
When I was a kid, I thought a lot of adults were pretty stupid. Now I'm an adult myself and I have to say: I was right!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: DennisN, Ibix and BillTre
Reggie Jackson driving against traffic is stopped by a cop.

Cop:" Don't you know this is a one-way street?"
Reggie: " I'm only going one way!".
 
fresh_42 said:
When I was a kid, I thought a lot of adults were pretty stupid. Now I'm an adult myself and I have to say: I was right!
Yeah but Fresh come on man.
How many people have that thing? Or have studied? To that level?
It is your job to drag us kicking and screaming through this.

I will have some sort of a grip before I die. Otherwise, what's the point?
 
pinball1970 said:
Yeah but Fresh come on man.
How many people have that thing? Or have studied? To that level?
It is your job to drag us kicking and screaming through this.

I will have some sort of a grip before I die. Otherwise, what's the point?
Lost in translation. The German word was "doof" which is not really "stupid" and describes it in a more childish way. It is also self-criticism rather than pointing at others.
 
pinball1970 said:
I will have some sort of a grip before I die. Otherwise, what's the point?
I'm not sure what this means.

a firm hold; a tight grasp or clasp
an effective form of control over something
a part or attachment by which something is held in the hand

I think "grip" also means influenza in German

either way, I'm lost in translation!
 
gmax137 said:
I'm not sure what this means.

a firm hold; a tight grasp or clasp
an effective form of control over something
a part or attachment by which something is held in the hand
In the vernacular in the U.S. and, apparently, in the U.K., "get a grip" means to gain control of one's mind -- not taking wildly irrational actions and not having wildly irrational thoughts.

Kind of a "snap out of it and start dealing with the situation at hand".
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: pinball1970, gmax137 and BillTre
Looks like Rory tried so hard for another birdie, he became one himself!

3818DE59-FD9A-49AB-8B1D-922D766E3DC2.jpeg