Proving Commuter Operators: X & P

• Thread starter CPL.Luke
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Operators
In summary, the conversation discusses the different methods and axioms used in proving properties of operators x and p without referencing any functional form. One method mentioned is taking the Poisson brackets in classical mechanics and "quantizing" them, while another approach includes using the inner product of an x state vector and a p vector as an axiom to derive the Schrödinger equation and commutation relations. The conversation also touches on the concept of Fourier transforms and the idea of necessary and sufficient conditions.
CPL.Luke
I forgot the exact terminology for these types of operators but here goes.

take for example the operators x, and p.

the commuter equals i(h bar), and the eigenvectors are Fourier transforms of each other.

my question is, how do you go about proving at least one of the properties listed above without referencing any functional form of x or p aka start with the most basic axioms possible.

Physics news on Phys.org
Isn't it the idea to take the Poissonbrackets in classical mechanics and then "quantize" these brackets?

I remember that being one ofthe methods that was used, I really am curious about the different methods. or what's necessary and sufficient condition effectively.

For instance one professor of mine effectivley made it an axiom that the inner product of a x state vector and a p vector was equal to EXP[ipx] and went on to derive the schrodinger equation from that, and a couple of the commutation relations.

1. What is the purpose of proving commuter operators X & P?

The purpose of proving commuter operators X & P is to ensure that they are following proper safety protocols and operating their vehicles in a safe and efficient manner. This helps to reduce the risk of accidents and ensures the safety of passengers and other individuals on the road.

2. How is the proof of commuter operators X & P conducted?

The proof of commuter operators X & P is typically conducted through on-site inspections and evaluations. This may include checking the condition of the vehicles, reviewing safety records, and observing the operators in action.

3. Who is responsible for proving commuter operators X & P?

The responsibility of proving commuter operators X & P falls on regulatory bodies and government agencies, such as the Department of Transportation or the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration. These organizations have the authority to conduct inspections and enforce regulations to ensure the safety of public transportation.

4. What are some common criteria used to determine the compliance of commuter operators X & P?

Some common criteria used to determine the compliance of commuter operators X & P include driver qualifications, vehicle maintenance and inspection records, and compliance with hours of service regulations. Other factors may include drug and alcohol testing, insurance requirements, and safety training programs.

5. What happens if a commuter operator X or P fails the proofing process?

If a commuter operator X or P fails the proofing process, they may be subject to penalties and fines, and may even have their operating license revoked. This ensures that only safe and compliant operators are allowed to provide transportation services to the public.