Compressor wanted - produce up to 100 bar/1450 psi @ 40Vdc

In summary, the compressor wanted is a small, high pressure compressor that can work on max 40 V DC. Jordair makes compressors for various applications, and the RIX Microboost is an available option that is 1/2 hp but has an AC motor. There are also small air-powered compressors, such as from Haskel and Hydraulics International, but they need a compressed air supply.
erikfeis
Compressor wanted -- produce up to 100 bar/1450 psi @ 40Vdc

I'm searching for a compressor that is compact but is able to produce up to 100 bar/1450 psi. It also should work on max 40V DC. Please say if you know similar compressors!
Thanx already :)

Engineering news on Phys.org
Jordair makes Breathing Air compressors for applications like SCUBA, SCBA (for firefighters), things like that.

These compressors can fill tanks up to ~4500 psig. They are not cheap, and I doubt they run on 40 V DC. 100 bar is very high, these aren't little handheld units, you realize, right?

Yes i realize that, but it still should fit in a 30cm by 20 cm. At least That would be optimum...

I don't think that exists.

Well what do you think is the smallest?

The ones by Jordair, probably... They're not much bigger, but they're bigger. http://jordair.ca/products/diveline.html

Also, unless you go with the gas powered option, you'll likely be looking at a power source requirement of 208, 230, or 460 V AC. Not many people make small, high pressure compressors. There just isn't really a market for it. Also, I don't think it's possible to get enough power out of a 40 V DC power supply to supply anywhere near 1500 psig.

The RIX Microboost is only 1/2 hp but the motors are AC. There are also small, air powered compressors such as from Haskel and Hydraulics International (they have a crappy website so give them a call). Also check with Shoebox. I realize none of these are driven by 40 VDC power but I don't think you'll find that. It's too oddball. Maybe convert to AC or run a DC powered low pressure air compressor for a booster? Good luck.

Are you compressing air for human breathing ?
What CFM do you require ?

Gas compressors are different to Hydraulic pumps. Gas compressors have less dead space = higher compression ratio, and a much greater compressed gas cooling requirement.
24VDC motors are widely available. For hydraulic equivalents, see this site;
http://www.hydraproducts.co.uk/hydraulic-power-packs/mini-power-pack.aspx

I forgot about Air Amplifiers, only problem with them though is that you need a compressed air supply to feed them. So you'd need two systems running simultaneously (not a bad idea, just a lot bigger and more complex).

1. What is the purpose of a compressor?

A compressor is a mechanical device that is used to increase the pressure of a gas or air. It is commonly used in various industries such as manufacturing, construction, and automotive to power tools and equipment that require high-pressure air or gas.

2. What is the maximum pressure that this compressor can produce?

This compressor is capable of producing up to 100 bar or 1450 psi of pressure. This is a high-pressure range that makes it suitable for a variety of heavy-duty applications.

3. What voltage is required to operate this compressor?

This compressor requires a voltage of 40Vdc, which is a direct current voltage that is commonly used in industrial settings. It is important to ensure that the power supply meets this requirement for the compressor to function properly.

4. Can this compressor be used for both air and gas?

Yes, this compressor can be used for both air and gas. It is designed to handle a wide range of gases and can be used for various applications such as filling gas cylinders, powering pneumatic tools, and more.

5. Is this compressor suitable for portable use?

While this compressor can produce high-pressure levels, it is designed to be compact and lightweight, making it suitable for portable use. It can easily be transported to different locations and used for various applications, making it a versatile piece of equipment.