1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data
A coil spring of mass m rests upright on a table. If you compress the spring by pressing down with your hand and then release it, can the spring actually leave the table? Explain, using the law of conservation of energy.
Well before we help you through this problem we need to know if you have a working understanding of conservation of energy and the laws that go with it. You should try just stab at the question, then we can go from there.
We Value Quality
• Topics based on mainstream science
• Proper English grammar and spelling We Value Civility
• Positive and compassionate attitudes
• Patience while debating We Value Productivity
• Disciplined to remain on-topic
• Recognition of own weaknesses
• Solo and co-op problem solving