1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Confusingly worded integral

1. Mar 12, 2005 #1
    hey everyone, this is my first post at this physicsforums.com dealy. i have a take home exam and i'm havin a rough time with the way the prof worded this question:

Consider a sphere of radius R centered at Ro (Ro is a vector) and a constant vector c which specifies a point in the sphere, where the origin of these vectors is arbitrarily chosen somewhere in space.

A) find the following integral:

(double integral sign) da / |c - r |

where da is an infinitesimal outward area vector at r on the surface S of the sphere. Express your answer in terms of Ro and c .

.....so that's it....i'm confused about the components of Ro and c and r....and whether or not i even need them to do the equation....if anyone could get me started (or even finished...hehe) that would be really appreciated!!!! THANKS

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  2. jcsd
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Can you help with the solution or looking for help too?
Draft saved Draft deleted