Conjugate of amplitude with imag. # in exponent and out of exponent?

In summary, the conjugate of amplitude with imaginary number in the exponent and outside of the exponent is the complex conjugate of a complex number, with the same real part but opposite sign of the imaginary part. It is important in mathematics for simplification and manipulation of complex numbers, and is found by changing the sign of the imaginary part of the complex number. The conjugate of amplitude is different from the absolute value of a complex number, and is used in applications such as signal processing, electrical engineering, and quantum mechanics, as well as in solving equations and simplifying expressions.
platonic
When you have i*e^(i@) as an amplitude, when you conjugate, do both i terms switch signs? I tried this and keep getting wrong answer. Thanks in advance. BTW this has to do with spin half particles.

Physics news on Phys.org
never mind. was using <-zl+y> for amplitude, when it should be the conjugate of that.nNow switch both i terms works gives me correct answer.

1. What does the conjugate of amplitude refer to?

The conjugate of amplitude refers to the complex number that has the same magnitude as the original complex number, but with the opposite sign of the imaginary part.

2. How is the conjugate of amplitude calculated?

The conjugate of amplitude is calculated by changing the sign of the imaginary part of a complex number. For example, if the complex number is written as a + bi, the conjugate would be written as a - bi.

3. What is the significance of the imaginary number in the exponent?

The imaginary number in the exponent represents the phase or angle of the complex number. It determines the direction and magnitude of the complex number in the complex plane.

4. How is the conjugate of amplitude used in mathematics?

The conjugate of amplitude is used in various mathematical operations involving complex numbers, such as multiplication, division, and finding the modulus. It is also important in solving equations involving complex numbers.

5. Can the conjugate of amplitude be negative?

Yes, the conjugate of amplitude can be negative. This happens when the imaginary part of the original complex number is positive, and it becomes negative when the sign is changed to find the conjugate.