1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Control Systems Engineering - Block Reduction Help

1. Apr 7, 2015 #1
    1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data

Hello,

I'm trying to reduce the following block diagram

Capture.png

2. Relevant equations

3. The attempt at a solution

I appear to be having some issues in doing this. The first thing that I did to reduce this block diagram was to take the forward path that has 2/(s+4) with negative feedback of 2, and reduce this by

(K G(s))/(1 + K*G(s)*H(s)) = (3/(s+4))/(1 + 6/(s+4)) = 3/(s+4 + 6) = 3/(s+10)

I also moved the 1/s block to the left of the summation. This resulted in a parallel path with a gain of one. I reduced this to simply a forward path with 1/s + 1.

I then did the following with 6s and the negative feedback with a gain of 1

This resulted in a reduced diagram with

(1/s +1)*3/(s+10)

in the forward path with a negative feedback of 6s+1

I guess I have done something wrong, and I'm not exactly sure what. Below is a picture of what I did.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks for any help. I guess I'm doing something wrong, but am not exactly sure what it is I'm doing wrong.

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 8, 2015 #2
    When you did this, did you remember to adjust the 6s path as well? TBH I worked hard to forget all this stuff. But I'm pretty sure I got stuck on this exact question as well =D
    Could you try moving the 1/s instead to the right? That way you'd only need to adjust the foward path 1 to S

You could also try moving the 6s into the 1 feedback, but would have to adjust that forward back then to 1-6s

I really hated these was always much better with the equations :)

4. Apr 8, 2015 #3

donpacino

Gold Member

like cpscdave said there is your problem

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted