Converting degree into variable 'x'

In summary, the formula for converting degrees to variable 'x' is x = (degree * pi) / 180, which is based on the fact that there are 360 degrees in a circle and 2*pi radians in a circle. To convert a specific degree value into variable 'x', simply plug in the degree value into the formula and solve for 'x'. This formula can also be used for converting negative degrees, as the resulting 'x' value will also be negative. The use of pi in the formula is necessary as it is a mathematical constant that represents the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter. While there are other methods available, the formula x = (degree * pi) / 180 is the most commonly
L²Cc

Homework Statement

After integrating x²/(sqrt1-x²) using the triangle method and thereby substituting sin¤ for x, I ended up with the result 1/2¤-1/2sin2¤+c. For my answer toge complete, I must have the ¤ in x format. I managed to convert the 1/2¤, which is simply 1/2arcsinx but I couldn't for 1/2sin2¤, my answer did not agree with the textbook's which read 1/2x(sqrt1-x²)...

My computer won't read latex at the moment so please excuse the amateur notation. Thank you.

Homework Equations

I think I covered it all above!

Physics news on Phys.org
sin2x = 2sinx.cosx

The solution to this problem involves understanding the properties of trigonometric functions and their relationship to degrees and radians. In this case, the variable x represents the sine of an angle, which can be expressed in degrees or radians. To convert degrees into a variable, you can use the fact that 1 degree is equal to π/180 radians. So, to convert 1/2sin2¤ into a variable, you can use the substitution x=sin¤ and then use the conversion factor to write it as x=(π/180)¤. This will give you the final answer of 1/2x(sqrt1-x²), which agrees with the textbook's answer. It is important to understand the relationship between degrees and radians in order to accurately convert between them and solve problems involving trigonometric functions.

1. What is the formula for converting degrees to variable 'x'?

The formula for converting degrees to variable 'x' is x = (degree * pi) / 180. This formula is based on the fact that there are 360 degrees in a circle and 2*pi radians in a circle. Therefore, to convert degrees to radians, we multiply by pi/180.

2. How do I convert a specific degree value into variable 'x'?

To convert a specific degree value into variable 'x', you can use the formula x = (degree * pi) / 180, where 'degree' is the specific degree value you want to convert. Simply plug in the degree value into the formula and solve for 'x'.

3. Can I convert negative degrees into variable 'x'?

Yes, you can convert negative degrees into variable 'x' using the same formula x = (degree * pi) / 180. The resulting 'x' value will also be negative, as the sign of the degree value is maintained in the conversion process.

4. Why do we use pi in the formula for converting degrees to variable 'x'?

The value of pi (π) is a mathematical constant that represents the ratio of a circle's circumference to its diameter. Since degrees and radians are units of measurement used for angles, it is necessary to use pi in the conversion formula to accurately convert between the two units.

5. Is there a simpler way to convert degrees to variable 'x'?

There are other ways to convert degrees to variable 'x', such as using conversion tables or online calculators. However, the formula x = (degree * pi) / 180 is the most commonly used and accepted method for converting degrees to radians.